Author Topic: F1 til F4 key [editing jetway]  (Read 1611 times)

jovejunior

F1 til F4 key [editing jetway]
« on: November 21, 2019, 01:21:36 pm »
Good morning,

When I am editing my jetway the keys F1, F2, F3 and F4 doenst work. I already updated the GSX to the last version. 4 days ago, I edited the jetways using these keys without problem.

Att,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: F1 til F4 key [editing jetway]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 04:29:18 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which doesn't try to read or map the keyboard by itself. GSX will only respond to standard events in Slew mode, whatever key is assigned to. Which means:

- If you have reassigned or removed those keys using the standard Controls page in Slew mode, they would either work using the new key, or stop working altogether, if you removed the assignment from the Slew mode page.

F1 is by default assigned to "Altitude Down Fast" in Slew mode
F4 is by default assigned to "Altitude Up Fast" in Slew mode

So, be sure they are correctly assigned or, eventually, use the Reset to default button to set everything as it used to be.

However, even if the key assignments looks fine, it's possible ANOTHER add-on might have taken these keys for itself, and not giving them back to the sim. There's nothing you or we can do to prevent this, you can only disable that add-on while editing.

jovejunior

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 02:10:54 am »
These keys always worked fine. After the last update it didn't work anymore. I didn't install any addon..and the keys are configured correctly. I reseted to defaults and nothing has been changed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 02:15:19 am »
These keys always worked fine. After the last update it didn't work anymore.

Nothing in the last update could possibly change this.

If you are sure the Controls settings are ok, then the only possible explanation is that you have installed another addon ( or maybe you *had* another addon that hasn't been removed correctly ) that has taken those keys for itself.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:18:57 am by virtuali »