Author Topic: Another small gripe - shaking VC during GSX pushback  (Read 2131 times)

brucewtb

Another small gripe - shaking VC during GSX pushback
« on: November 16, 2019, 01:37:16 am »
This issue seems to have a bit of a history but was not an anomaly I have had encountered with GSX until the NGXu came along.  I gather it is something PMDG and FSDT blame each other for but if someone has a fix I would be grateful to know about it.  Thanks.

Bruceb

Airmaz1

Re: Another small gripe - shaking VC during GSX pushback
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:01 am »
You are correct, unfortunately this is an on going thing between FSDT and PMDG and as per usual its the users who have to suffer.

That been said i don't really suffer on any of my  pmdg 737 777 or 747 simply because i use chase plane and always use the cinematic mode during push back.  :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 11:34:58 pm by Airmaz1 »

brucewtb

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 01:42:21 am »
Thanks that is pretty much what I do with EZCA either my external wing view or the wing view from 18A or 18F.

Bruceb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 11:46:27 am »
First, read this post which explains the situation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16084.msg116708.html#msg116708

And, thanks to an user, which noticed the vibration stops when one presses the default Pushback key, clearly indicating PMDG DOES detect the default pushback to stop THEIR thing (whatever it is), but for some reason decided not to do the same kind of detection when GSX is pushing ( Aerosoft, Leonardo and FS Labs do that, of course ), we added the trick to send a Shift+P command when the GSX Pushback starts on a PMDG airplane, which seems to improve the situation a bit, because it fools PMDG into thinking a default pushback started, which seems to trigger some part of their code that stop the shaking.

That's the only thing we can do on our side.

It's still a trick, is not a "proper" handling, because having to send a default Shift-P just to stop the PMDG from fighting against the pushback, it's an hack, because the simulator IS starting a pushback, so it IS slowing moving the airplane by itself too, and this simultaneous movement sill results in "some" shaking, even if it's way less than it used to be.

The "proper" way to deal with this is to do it like FS Labs, Leonardo or Aerosoft did. The airplane really knows when GSX is pushing, and have a bypass-pin simulation enabled and even communicate to GSX the extension of their own NWS animation, so the two would work perfectly as they should, and that's of course only possible from the airplane code, and GSX already has everything required to do that.