Author Topic: Support for New PMDG 737NGXu?  (Read 4515 times)

Joe Porter

Support for New PMDG 737NGXu?
« on: November 10, 2019, 06:51:11 pm »
As most of us were surprised :o by PMDG's release of the new PMDG 737NGXu on Friday.  and, as I am sure many have already installed it (she's a beauty) and I am one of them.  I have tried GSX2 with it and it struggles with correct refueling, baggage handling etc. as I expected.  i am hoping that the fsdreamteam will put out an update to handle this new AC.  Just checking and hoping . . . (I know, PMDG built in it's own handlers, but I love your product and have for years!!)

Thanks,

JP

pilot3033

Re: Support for New PMDG 737NGXu?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 07:34:47 pm »
Umberto said in a different thread that he just added support. Run the live update and make sure you don't have any custom file set for it.

dron960

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 12:50:55 pm »
Umberto said in a different thread that he just added support. Run the live update and make sure you don't have any custom file set for it.

After the last GSX update, a strange little fuel tanker began to drive up to the 737 NGXu. Underground refueling is set up. It just stands there and does nothing, although the inscription in the upper left corner shows that the gas station is going. The rest of the planes are fine. In the manual it is written that GSX itself determines the type of fuel tanker, depending on the configuration of the aircraft. In this time not can chtoli determine. Fix it, return a normal fuel tanker, please. Or tell me how to fix it yourself.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:07:52 pm by dron960 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 02:12:21 am »
After the last GSX update, a strange little fuel tanker began to drive up to the 737 NGXu.

This has been discussed already several times on the forum and, of course, it's not a problem, doesn't have anything to do with the latest update, and it's how supposed to work.

The Fuel Hydrant currently available in GSX, has a raised platform which cannot work lower than 3.40 meters, so it will not work with airplane with a refueling point lower than that. To support such airplanes, we would have to add an entirely different kind of animation, with the crew unrolling the cable and not using the raised platform. Something we'll surely do in future version.

Since the Hydrant is not suitable for a 737, the smaller Tanker will come, and this is of course entirely correct.

Of course, if you really want to see the crew animation, you can "cheat", and use the GSX airplane configuration page to move the refueling point more to the external part of the wing, until you eventually reach an height of 3.40 meters from ground. It might not be entirely realistic, since the actual fuel nozzle is exactly were we placed it, but you can obtain the Hydrant vehicle this way.

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
Thank Umberto.
I leave it the way you have it set up. This make logical sense., I do enjoy watching the hydrant crew work though. ;D

drego22

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 05:12:05 pm »
I tried multiple times using the GSX, Coustomize aircraft menu and I am unable to save the changes. How is this done?
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:19:32 pm »
I tried multiple times using the GSX, Coustomize aircraft menu and I am unable to save the changes. How is this done?

By pressing the Save button, which will only activate if you have changed at least a parameter.