Author Topic: Vehicles and ground handling personell dissappear right after action  (Read 1531 times)

Meyerflyer

Hello,

why are GSX vehicles and persons just dissappearing after they did their action? All is fine, but after doing their action (for example the marshaller, that directs you into position at the gate) they just dissappear in front of the plane. That's not that good in terms of realism. Would it be possible to permanently show these cars and persons or at least let them move outside the view angle before letting them dissappear? That would be much better. :)

GSX Level 2
P3D 4.5
Aerosoft Airbus porfessional

Greets
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 11:42:03 am by Meyerflyer »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Vehicles and ground handling personell dissappear right after action
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:47:11 am »
The vehicles are supposed to just drive off to some pre-determined parking location based on the AFCAD in use, so they shouldn't just disappear. The marshaller, on the other hand, not really sure where they would go since that same pre-determined parking location would be too far and unrealistic.
Captain Kevin

Meyerflyer

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:52:22 am »
Thanks. But even the ladder he stands on, just dissappears after a cuple seconds. Why just remove the ladder and the marshaller? Also the pushback truck is dissappearing after heading back to the gate if I didn't see it wrong.

Meyerflyer

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 11:54:01 am »
The marshaller I mean is not the follow me guy, but the guy standing on the ladder on some airport gates. He was there before arriving at the gate, so I don't understand why he is just dissappearing together with the ladder. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 01:42:57 pm »
No vehicle in GSX ever disappears *EXCEPT* the Marshaller on a ladder, that's the only single case, because we don't have an animation for descending the ladder. The normal marshaller on ground will walk way and disappear only after a certain distance.

Of course, you can use the GSX customization page to customized the marshaller position, so it won't even use a ladder, if there's enough space available.