Author Topic: Update fail - cannot access 'files.bin'  (Read 1608 times)

Tim Wright

Update fail - cannot access 'files.bin'
« on: September 30, 2019, 09:16:21 pm »
The latest update fails with this error message:

I have added all the Couatl and Addon Manager .exe files and folders to my Microsoft Security Essentials excluded files and locations list, and I've changed the folder permissions to allow me full control.
I'm running FSX SP2 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 if that helps.
I'm mystified as to what "being used by another process" could be, FSX isn't running and Microsoft Security Essentials should be ignoring that file?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:19:37 pm by Tim Wright »

Tim Wright

Re: Update fail - cannot access 'files.bin'
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 09:51:18 pm »
I've just tried to move the file "files.bin" to the desktop from C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl\fsx and got this error message:

WerFault.exe is a Windows Error Reporting service, which I've now disabled, but I'm still getting the previous error "being used by another process"?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:53:54 pm by Tim Wright »

Tim Wright

Re: Update fail - cannot access 'files.bin' - FIXED
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:47 am »
I switched off and unplugged my PC overnight, and this morning on restart I noticed that the files.bin file was associated with my Powerarchiver file compression program.
I opened the Powerarchiver settings and un-associated ISO and BIN files.
The GSX Live Update now completes without a failure and in sim the Airport regeneration completes with success. The files.bin archive has been deleted from C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder by the latest update.