Author Topic: Red X at Mynn gate  (Read 3263 times)

tkemp66

Red X at Mynn gate
« on: August 31, 2019, 08:35:34 pm »
Hi,

I just noticed the Red X appearing at Aerosoft Mynn after the most recent update of GSX v2 and I'm just wondering if the update could have caused this. I know this scenery is not fully compatible with P3dv4 but it worked fine prior to your last update. Others have seen it before at other Aerosoft airports though there was never a mention of GSX being the problem: (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/131401-red-xs-at-panc-gates/), (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130967-red-x-over-gates-at-egll/). I'm not sure how to explain whats happening and wondered if you can shed some light. Thanks.

Troy
Troy Kemp

srcooke

Re: Red X at Mynn gate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:20:25 am »
Hello Troy,

Check which version of SODE is installed, latest 1.6.4

Run the platform manager from the start\simobject display engine menu.

The title bar here indicates 1.6.3 but if you open the log from tools v1.6.4 is displayed.

If older update from HERE
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 11:45:40 am »
Red X are not a GSX problem. It's a diagnostic from SODE, which indicates a scenery that uses SODE for its own means, is not able to find objects which are created using a SODE XML file for some reason, either because they have been removed or not installed, but their SODE XML is still there.

So, if you need these objects, you must likely reinstall the scenery. If, instead, you don't need the objects, possibly because they were jetways you wanted to replace with GSX, then you must remove the SODE XML file which calls them, located here:

C:\ProgramData\12bpilot\SODE\XML

Airmaz1

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 06:10:59 pm »
Red X are not a GSX problem. It's a diagnostic from SODE, which indicates a scenery that uses SODE for its own means, is not able to find objects which are created using a SODE XML file for some reason, either because they have been removed or not installed, but their SODE XML is still there.

So, if you need these objects, you must likely reinstall the scenery. If, instead, you don't need the objects, possibly because they were jetways you wanted to replace with GSX, then you must remove the SODE XML file which calls them, located here:

On a unrelated note i just used this information to fix the Red X Papi lights problem at my Bonare Flamingo, thank you so much!

tkemp66

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 03:48:55 am »

On a unrelated note i just used this information to fix the Red X Papi lights problem at my Bonare Flamingo, thank you so much!

Great thank you. I will try this in a little while to see if this resolves the issue.

Troy
Troy Kemp

tkemp66

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 06:14:58 pm »
Removing the SODE XML file did resolve the Red X issue and remove the SODE gates. Thank you for your help.

Troy
Troy Kemp