Author Topic: Invalid License from Simmarket  (Read 3033 times)

falcon71

Invalid License from Simmarket
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:44:52 pm »
Hello,

I have bought GSX and GSX2 from simmarket. However the license keys for both products seem to be invalid. The keys both start with FSDT.

I started P3DV4 and went into the addon manager. I selected GSX and pressed register serial. I entered my license and a license wizard appeared. It told me, that no license key was found on my system. I selected activate online and pasted my key. I then received the message, that the key is invalid. I have also tried entering them manually and entering them without hyphens. I receive the same message for offline activation at https://qlm1.net/virtualisoftware/qlmcustomersite/ , so I don't think it's a technical issue. I understand that the activation system recently switched from Esellerate to Soraco, so I wonder if I received old keys?

I have tried entering the license keys for several days without success now. I have sent two messages to the support mail, but I have not received an answer.

Is there anyone else who has problems activating recent FSTD licenses from simmarket? Does anyone know how to contact support and receive an answer? Or should I contact Simmarket for support?

Regards
Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invalid License from Simmarket
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:00:37 am »
Esellerate servers will still work until September 30th and, all Esellerate serial numbers are already registered to the new system (SORACO), so they can activate there too so, it's not a problem you got an Esellerate Serial Number (the ones that begins with FSDT), since it can be activated on *both* servers until September 30th, and it will always activate and reactivate on Soraco, after Esellerate will close down.

Your problem is that, for some reason ( most likely a firewall ), the software couldn't not connect to Esellerate and couldn't even connect to Soraco so, the "offline" License Wizard from Soraco came up, because it though you had no Internet connection.

And, while an Esellerate Serial Number CAN be activated on Soraco normally when using the Addon Manager, it won't be recognized by the "offline" wizard, because its syntax is not known to Soraco.

So, your real issue is why you couldn't contact both Esellerate (which is still working), nor Soraco servers, and this can only possibly be caused by a firewall which is blocking all outgoing connections to our software, so it's trying to do an offline activation. Disable every kind of firewalls, antivirus, etc, while activating.

And don't worry, you haven't got a "crippled" Serial Number you cannot activate offline in the future, should you need it. When you succeed to activate it online for the first time, you'll get a new Soraco Serial Number too, which CAN be activated by the "offline" wizard. This would be a problem only in this transition but, it shouldn't normally happen, since BOTH Esellerate and Soraco servers are working and both will accept your Serial Number.

falcon71

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 12:16:11 am »
Thank you very much for your answer.
I have disabled my antivirus and my firewall and I still see the soraco dialogue and the online activation still tells me, the key is invalid. I'm also not using a proxy and I never fiddled with the host file.
EDIT: And I'm running P3D in administrator mode.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:19:55 am by falcon71 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:21:39 am »
I'm sorry but, the only possible reason why you see the Soraco License Wizard is either your internet connection is not working, or there's a firewall (or another similar software) which is blocking the software to reach the activation server.

Again, fact you are unable to reach BOTH Esellerate ( which is still up and running, and will be until September 30th ) AND Soraco servers, seems to confirm this, since it would be very unlikely they would be both down at the same time.

Normally, you are not supposed to see any license wizard, you enter the Serial Number in the Addon Manager, it will try to connect to Esellerate first, if it fails it will try to connect to Soraco, and it it fails, the License Wizard will come out.

falcon71

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:24:25 am »
I don't know what else I can do apart from turning off all firewalls.
If send you the Esellarate keys privately, can you convert them to the Soraco format, so I can activate them with the Soraco wizard or at least with the offline activation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 12:28:17 am »
Yes, if you send me your Esellerate key by email, I can give the Soraco key which has been already assigned to your Esellerate Serial Number, which the wizard will accept.

If you bought from our own site, this would have been easier, because you could just have used your email in the Soraco Self help site, to be emailed your new key back, but this works only because our ecommerce site connects directly to the Soraco site, so they pass all data about the orders, but this won't work on Simmarket, so we can only do it this way.

falcon71

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:34:34 am »
Thank you, Umberto, for you help. I have mailed you the keys to the support adress listed on the contacts page.

This was my first purchase of fsdt, in the future I will only buy on your site.

Regards
Dennis

Dreamliners

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 01:32:28 am »
I'm facing with the same issue. Shall I send you my keys as well?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 11:15:40 am »
Of course. but only if you purchased from a retailer other than Esellerate or Simmarket.