Author Topic: P3D Crashes on startup after update  (Read 5019 times)

Danielgarzag

P3D Crashes on startup after update
« on: July 02, 2019, 03:50:15 am »
For some reason, P3D crashes when I am spawning after I updated GSX. Why is this new update not really ready? it is not working. (updated GSX using the full installer) and after the new update, my PC can't run the sim and runs out of memory. What the hell, very bad way to release an update, to be honest, full of errors and crashes.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:15:57 am by Danielgarzag »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D Crashes on startup after update
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:06:09 pm »
You don't say which version of P3D you use.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 08:43:46 pm »
You don't say which version of P3D you use.

P3D V4.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:46:00 pm »
Sorry, but it's just no possible that P3D would give you an "out of memory". Have you possibly set the Windows swap file to a FIXED size ? Or, are you maybe low on disk space on the drive Windows keep its Swap file ?

That's the only possible way how a 64 bit app could give an out of memory, since the memory available to a 64 bit app is limited only by the amount of disk space for the Swap file, which is used once your physical memory is finished.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:59:30 pm »
Sorry, but it's just no possible that P3D would give you an "out of memory". Have you possibly set the Windows swap file to a FIXED size ? Or, are you maybe low on disk space on the drive Windows keep its Swap file ?

That's the only possible way how a 64 bit app could give an out of memory, since the memory available to a 64 bit app is limited only by the amount of disk space for the Swap file, which is used once your physical memory is finished.

Windows automatically sets the swap file size and I have space on my disc and drive. But When I start P3D V4.5, it sometimes crashes and the "out of memory" popup appears... this happens after updating GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:01:58 pm »
Windows automatically sets the swap file size and I have space on my disc and drive. But When I start P3D V4.5, it sometimes crashes and the "out of memory" popup appears... this happens after updating GSX.

I can only repeat and confirm this cannot possibly be caused by GSX, regardless of the fact you only noticed it after installing it, but the fact you only noticed it now, is not an indication the problem is *caused* by GSX, only that you noticed it now.

Again, that's the first time I ever see someone reporting an OOM in P3D4, and you surely are the one and only reporting it here.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:02:54 pm »

I can only repeat and confirm this cannot possibly be caused by GSX, regardless of the fact you only noticed it after installing it, but the fact you only noticed it now, is not an indication the problem is *caused* by GSX, only that you noticed it now.

Again, that's the first time I ever see someone reporting an OOM in P3D4, and you surely are the one and only reporting it here.

How can this be fixed????? I can't fly on P3D without GSX working.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:45 pm »
I updated GSX using the full installer as recommended, no errors during installation etc. But when I open P3D now, the sim runs out of memory and crashes or NVIDIA stops working when I try to select an option on the GSX menu.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:14:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 09:14:02 pm »
How can this be fixed????? I can't fly on P3D without GSX working.

Since the problem ( again, if you are referring to the OOM ), cannot possibly caused by GSX, it's the first time somebody ever reported an OOM in P3D4, and nobody else reported it before, I really have no idea, other than your P3D install has issues never seen before, which we cannot possibly know about here.

Have you tried reinstalling GSX in its own separate folder ?

Danielgarzag

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:16:08 pm »
So now it's my simulator? it is not my simulator. Everything was fine before the update, and after the update, I get these errors. It is GSX, it is not my simulator. This started happening after the update, not before.

And no I have not tried reinstalling GSX in its own separate folder.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:18:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:09 pm »
the sim runs out of memory and crashes or NVIDIA stops working when I try to select an option on the GSX menu.

Ok, this is an useful indication that proves:

- GSX doesn't have anything to do with this.

- What is causing an OOM is your video driver.

- You see this after you call GSX, because the problem caused by your video driver, is only triggered when loading what is an otherwise perfectly fine and 100% SDK legal GSX object. The real cause of the problem is the video driver or a settings problem, GSX is only making it visible, but you have the problem nonetheless.

You might try all of these solutions:

recreate the shaders, by removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Start the sim, and wait a couple of minutes for the black screen to go away.

Remove the Prepar3d.cfg file:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3d.cfg

Restart and let it recreate a new one, with all default settings.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »
What will the results be after removing both folders? how will it help on these issues?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:20:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:33 pm »
So now it's my simulator? it is not my simulator. Everything was fine before the update, and after the update, I get these errors. It is GSX, it is not my simulator. This started happening after the update, not before.

Yes, it IS your simulator. Fact you only noticed it after installing GSX is not an indication the problem is *caused* by GSX, only that you noticed it now, but you already had the problem, but you didn't had any addons that required some features (like DirectX rendering, which nobody else use), which require your video driver and video settings to perform correctly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 09:21:20 pm »
What will the results be after removing both folders? how will it help on these issues?

How can I possibly know what WILL be the result on YOUR system ? Normally, these are the suggested fixes when something video-related or settings-related goes wrong.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 09:22:34 pm »
How can I fix the video driver and make it work correctly?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:23:37 pm by virtuali »