Author Topic: No more GSX activity  (Read 3014 times)

SørenRas

No more GSX activity
« on: July 01, 2019, 05:44:09 pm »
Hi,

I was informed about an update to GSX today, and I did update using the Live Updater (getting the same max. min., error message as mentioned elsewhere in this forum), but afterwards no sign of GSX activity at all in any of the few airports I tried subsequently which did have GSX activity before the update (EKCH, EDDF, ESSA, ENGM) - ctrl+F12 did not work either (no GSX menu). By the way the Live Updater cannot be used now after the update - just terminates immediately after start.

I then did a complete GSX uninstall (through Windows Settings->Apps), removed the FSDreamTeam registry entries, deleted the GSX Addons folder from disk and downloaded the installation files from your site.

After reboot and reinstall using these files, still no sign of GSX in any of the mentioned airports - all documentation have also disappeared and were apparently not reinstalled.

I also tried uinstalling and reinstalling P3D4 CLient and Contents - no better.

My system and simulator specs are:

Windows 10 64bit build 1903

Prepar3D_v4_Professional_4.5.12.30293
Preferred airplane FSLabs_A3XXX_P3D_v2.0.2.400
ChasePlane v1.0.40 Exp.
LINDA 3.0.9 v2

rgds
Søren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No more GSX activity
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 06:41:07 pm »
By the way the Live Updater cannot be used now after the update - just terminates immediately after start.

Please create a log of the update process, this way:

- Go the the Addon Manager folder with the Window File Explorer

- Open a new command prompt there, by typing "CMD" and then Enter on the blank address bar on top of the explorer windows.

- Type the following:

Couatl_Updater2 /LOG=log.txt

The updater process will run normally, and will create a log.txt file in the Addon Manager folder. ZIP it and attach it to a post, so I can have a look at it.

SørenRas

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 07:49:55 pm »
Hi,

Does nothing - terminates immediately without any logfile.

rgds
Søren

SørenRas

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 09:45:09 pm »
Is it possible to get access to the previous version of GSX & GSX Level 2 installation files?

rgds
Søren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:51:10 pm »
Does nothing - terminates immediately without any logfile.

You must have some problem with Windows files, most likely .NET. The Updater requires 4.6.1, try to download it separately:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net461

Download the "Runtime" installer

SørenRas

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:40:18 pm »
Downloaded runtime installer but I can't install it. Installer tells me that 4.6.1 is already installed - how to cope with that?
I can't figure out how to uninstall 4.6.1.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 10:44:49 pm »
Downloaded runtime installer but I can't install it. Installer tells me that 4.6.1 is already installed - how to cope with that? I can't figure out how to uninstall 4.6.1.

Let's assume for the time being the problem in your system is not a missing .NET, I'll reply back when I'll gather more data from Teamviewer session with affected users.

SørenRas

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:49:32 am »
I have exactly the same problem as reported in the GSX PBR Update post by AFS - all the mentioned files are missing from the "root\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX" folder. They were removed during the live update following just after the installation of the latest GSX package.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:10:33 am by SørenRas »