Author Topic: GSX and QW 757 CTD  (Read 1925 times)

stww2

GSX and QW 757 CTD
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:06:57 am »
I recently bought GSX and have found it very enjoyable, but it seems to have broken my Quality Wings 757 install. When I attempt to load the QW 757 (whether from the Free Flight menu or from in game when switching from another aircraft) FSX crashes (unhelpfully without producing an error message).

I then attempted to reinstall the QW 757, which allowed the plane to load but caused there to be two versions of the addon manager. When I installed the standalone addon manager (as the accompanying error directed me to), loading the QW 757 again produced an FSX CTD.

I then searched online for a solution, and based on posts on this forum about similar problems, I uninstalled GSX, QW 757, and the standalone addon manger; I then reinstalled the QW 757 followed by GSX. The QW 757 still would not load, so I installed the standalone addon manager as well, but the results were the same.

GSX appears to work fine with all my other aircraft; it is just the QW 757 that it has trouble with. Anyone have any idea what the solution is?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and QW 757 CTD
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 04:18:39 am »
You must update the QW757 to the latest version, the one with the Flight 1 installer. More information on the Flight1 support forum.

stww2

Re: GSX and QW 757 CTD
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 11:11:30 pm »
That seems to have solved the issue. Thank you!