Author Topic: GSX L1 (not L2) and T2G EDDM Jetway  (Read 2371 times)

GEK_the_Reaper

GSX L1 (not L2) and T2G EDDM Jetway
« on: April 29, 2019, 08:04:52 am »
Dear all,

I'm not to sawwy regarding SODE Jetways, not SODE JW,....etc.

My issue (question): I own GSX L1 and have not updated to L2. I also own T2G EDDM. Prior to the GSX L2 release, I could control all Jetways of T2G EDDM by the GSX menu. Since the release of GSX L2, I'm unable to do so anymore.
If I use GSX L2 config and replace all JW with SODE JW, GSX would tell me it can't control them because I don't have L2.
If I choose to use standard JW, it still won't do anything...

Did I miss something? (Haven't been flying for a while and recently I also messed with P3Dv4.5 install then revert to 4.4....and maybe did brake something...)

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L1 (not L2) and T2G EDDM Jetway
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 10:27:29 am »
If I use GSX L2 config and replace all JW with SODE JW, GSX would tell me it can't control them because I don't have L2.

That's normal, you cannot use a GSX L2 configuration outside an FSDT airport or a Trial airport.

GEK_the_Reaper

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:12:28 am »

That's normal, you cannot use a GSX L2 configuration outside an FSDT airport or a Trial airport.

For sure but this does not answer my question.
The question was: Before GSX L2 was released, the Jetways at T2G EDDM were functional vie GSX Menu control. Now they are not!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 12:24:57 am »
The question was: Before GSX L2 was released, the Jetways at T2G EDDM were functional vie GSX Menu control. Now they are not!

That's possible, we haven't fully checked all the possible interactions between what was possible in the old Trial and what is possible now.

GEK_the_Reaper

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 07:08:11 am »
That's possible, we haven't fully checked all the possible interactions between what was possible in the old Trial and what is possible now.

Dear Umberto, I think you did misunderstood me!

I owned both GSX and T2G EDDM way back (way before GSX L2). On all those prior GSX versions (1.5.xxx...1.9.xxx) all Jetways used to work with the T2G EDDM scenery. Since you have released the Level 2 update (which I currently do not own), the previous GSX Jetway animations no longer work. It seems like you have taken the Jetway animation from the base GSX and moved them to the Level 2 Expansion.

BR,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 01:24:54 pm »
Dear Umberto, I think you did misunderstood me!

I think, instead, you have a big misunderstanding about what GSX did and what it does now.

the previous GSX Jetway animations no longer work

That's the issue: there were NO jetways animations in GSX before GSX Level 2. Jetways worked or not, depending how they were made, and the presence of GSX didn't had any effect on them.

- If a scenery came with default CTRL+J Jetways, they would work like that, regardless of GSX

- If a scenery came with SODE Jetways, they worked thanks to SODE, regardless of GSX

- If a scenery came with static jetways, they never worked, regardless of GSX

About SODE, it seems you are confusing the animation itself (which is always possible, with SODE), with the integration on the GSX boarding/deboarding menu. That was just a shortcut for the normal SODE menu.

So no, we haven't taken away any animation, which wasn't done by GSX in any case. The animation for a 3rd party scenery that comes with SODE jetways was and still is always possible, regardless if GSX is installed or not. The only ANIMATION you cannot see, unless you purchase GSX L2, is the one of GSX SODE Jetways, which are different from normal SODE jetways that comes with 3rd party sceneries.

GEK_the_Reaper

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 07:31:41 pm »
About SODE, it seems you are confusing the animation itself (which is always possible, with SODE), with the integration on the GSX boarding/deboarding menu. That was just a shortcut for the normal SODE menu.

Now I totaly understood you. Your assumption is correct. Yes, I was referring to the YouControl Option 6 "Operate Jetway". It was somehow broken on my config!

T2G EDDM has default SODE JW which I used to control via YouControl. Lately it was always telling me there are no JW to operate at that position. Strangely the "Customise this position" from GSX menu did show the existance of a SODE JW.

I then tried vie SODE Menu (Tab+S) and the JW did work. I then closed the sim and went to FSDT GSX CP and disabled default JW then reenabled them (so I made a short On/Off thingy).

Now the SODE JW is recognized from the YouControl menu!

I don't understand what happened but it seem to work again.

Thank you for your patience and your support. I also wish to thank you that you keep updating GSX. I will purchase Level 2 at a later time (my systems struggles already).

BR,
Gerald