Author Topic: Latest GSX with GSX 2 and very loud vehicle sounds  (Read 1902 times)

cbruce

Latest GSX with GSX 2 and very loud vehicle sounds
« on: April 26, 2019, 10:51:20 pm »
Hi, this was an issue from many years ago that has come back to haunt.  From an old forum post It seems P3D treats sounds for ground vehicles differently than FSX so, the same vehicle sounds louder in P3D.  There was a Workaround using a fakesoundai folder, but I am unsure how to do this workaround now that p3d has changed the simobjects/misc folder and GSX has its own simobjects folder under addons.

Here is the old post from 2014:  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9643.0.html

The problem is if you reduce GSX volume so that the vehicles are not too noisy, you cannot hear anything else like passengers and push-back instructions.  I don't want to chnage the P3D volume settings as these are perfect for the airplane, but maybe these have no effect anyway

EDIT - I have pinpointed that the problem is only the passenger bus (and maybe crew shuttle) these are coming out with a horrible and very loud truck sound - where can I find and change this sound?

Charles
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:34:18 pm by cbruce »

cbruce

Re: Latest GSX with GSX 2 and very loud vehicle sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:36:53 pm »
i discovered this is because the passenger bus pulls its sound from the ai-prop wav in the p3d/simobjects/groundvehicles file, so I reduced the volume of this wav and now ok although i am sure there is a better way of doing this.

In future releases can we have all sounds coming from the GSX addon/simobjects folder, that way this issue will finally be resolved as all sounds will be controlled by GSX and not P3D?  I suggest 2 volume controls, one for pasenger/internal sounds and one for external sounds

My 2 cents after having had GSX for almost 10 years now, it has always and continues to be fantastic visually, but i think the sounds, including passenger/flight attendant sounds, could be much improved

Best
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl