Author Topic: Addon Manager Error Incorrect charater encoding  (Read 1359 times)

jemac3

Addon Manager Error Incorrect charater encoding
« on: April 26, 2019, 06:53:31 pm »
Morning,
I just purchased the GSX pack and installed into my system. After installing I now get this error

Addon Manager

The following files have an incorrect character encoding

C:\UserName\Documents\prepar3d v4 Addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager\add-on.xml
C:\UserName\Documents\prepar3d v4 Addons\Fsdreamteam Exclude\add-on.xml

I am currently using Prepar3d v4.5
How do I correct this? I searched the forum but did not find anything But will continue to look

Thank you,
Jimmy Mac

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager Error Incorrect charater encoding
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 12:09:26 am »
Some external utility must have touched these files, and changed their encoding, most likely without having changed the header properly so, they are now illegal XML. To inform you about this, during the installation, we check the XML file if they are correct and, if they aren't, we report an error. Of course, we create them correctly, but it's possible some external utility have changed them.

It would be helpful if you could ZIP those two files and Attach them to a post, so I can have a look at them, and tell you what's wrong with them.

Please follow this exactly. Don't post the file's content in a post. You MUST ZIP them and attach them to a post, or ZIP them and send them by email to the FSDT support email address.

jemac3

Re: Addon Manager Error Incorrect charater encoding
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:36:19 pm »
Umberto,
I ended up uninstalling and then started haveing issues accessing my drives  opening up files.
Then I saw that windows was updateing my OS and once completed I was able to reinstall and now all is good.

Jim