Author Topic: Strange Jetways location in Keflavik Airport  (Read 2262 times)

azm30

Strange Jetways location in Keflavik Airport
« on: March 24, 2019, 04:54:10 pm »
Hello
I have re installed GSX (latest version) because of GSW not working any more.
See the attached PDF file
I have Global VECTOR and Global openLC Europe from ORBX
Can you help me fixing this issue
Thank you for your help

headley

Re: Strange Jetways location in Keflavik Airport
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:13:55 pm »
Try this:
In the Sim Menu bar: Add-ons/GSX/Customise airport positions...
Then top right corner: click on the little airplane, this sets the airport altitude to your current airplane altitude, so also GSX.
Regards,

William V.

grimsbee5

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:19:30 am »
Read the post: Jetways not connected to terminal at BIKF.

That will fix the problem. The above post puts the jetways on the ground, yes, but they are not connected to the terminal.

Good luck

azm30

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 04:40:34 pm »
Yes - After the parameter - the Jetways are in the ground but not connected as you can see on this .PDF
How can this be fixed ?
It is not acceptable to have this.
Thank you for your hjelp

grimsbee5

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 06:08:51 pm »
Read this:

GSX ignores FTX_OLC_EU8. This file contains Iceland airports.

GSX only reads the default APX41090 file. So when it loads first of all the jetways are elevated. Going to the GSX Customization screen from the ADD-ons menu in P3dV4.4 clicking on the little airplane lowers the jetways to ground level of 39.620m. Jetways however are positioned in the middle of the apron.

So I first copied and pasted the following files: FTX_OLC_EU8\01_APTBIKF.bgl and the file 02_APTBIKF_CVX.bgl. I then disabled them in the same folder. I then cut and pasted the original two files and placed them in my Addon Scenery folder.

Then I opened ADE175 and loaded the file 01_APTBIKF.bgl and simply saved it as BIKF_ADEP4_ADE making no changes.  I then opened that file in ADE175 and went to Tools\Change Airport Reference Data. I changed the airport elevation to 52.12 which is the default elevation in APX41090.

I loaded P3Dv4.4. The jetways were all on the ground and positioned correctly at the terminal. In FTX Vector Configuration tool\Airport Elevation I disabled BIKF as the scenery was blocky.

Reloaded and the airport had the correct elevation and the jetways were correctly positioned.

This took me about 3-4 days of trial and error to figure this out.

I hope it may help someone else. I also read that other airports in Iceland may have the same issue. Well, I will probably just disable GSX if I run into issues as I pretty much fly around BIKF.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 12:58:40 pm »