Author Topic: RWY 13  (Read 7190 times)

samiranks

RWY 13
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:23:16 pm »
Hi guys, everytime I fly into FLL I am always instructed by ATC to land on rwy 13. I am uisng Active X and I believe that normally ATC will have me land on the rwy based on wind.  However, should rwy 13 be showing active to land on at this point or anytime?  How can I fix?

Thanks

JamesChams

Re: RWY 13
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 05:50:41 pm »
Have you tried changing the Wind Direction in FS to favor another runway?  ???
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

samiranks

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:10:44 pm »
Havent tried that because  normally Active Sky X updates according to current weather conditions.  I stay about 1 mile from the airport and rwy 9 is in use now, and of course that can change to rwy 27 at times... But I havent manually tried changing the wind direction

samiranks

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »
is there a way to modify the afcad and close rwy 13?  I tried using FSX planner but no luck.

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:19:08 pm »
is there a way to modify the afcad and close rwy 13?  I tried using FSX planner but no luck.
Yes, Flight1 AFX.

Good Luck! :)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

samiranks

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 12:06:58 am »
Thanks for the info.  Will check it out.

JFKpilot

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 03:24:28 am »
is there a way to modify the afcad and close rwy 13?  I tried using FSX planner but no luck.
Yes, Flight1 AFX.

Good Luck! :)

Thanks for the info.  Will check it out.

AFX will certainly work, but Airport Design Editor (ADE) will accomplish the same thing, and then some. It's a much more powerful and comprehensive tool. It's constantly in developement by knowledgeable and enthusiastic people, and best of all its free. I definitely recommend it over the payware AFX. Keep in mind though, for ADE to work you'll need the Deluxe version of FSX.

My point about AFX vs. ADE aside, this is what afcad guru Jim Vile said a while ago about closing runways (he talks about VHHX but should still apply):

‘FS9/FSX uses a scoring system that we have been slowly deciphering the math to help us understand why some runways can be closed and some cannot.

VHHX is not a default airport in the database and it has to be built up with a AFCAD type design program. This gives us the ability to set the score for how a runway is utilized. If you remove the ILS from runway 31, delete the Start Location and close (set to FALSE) both the takeoff and landing element attributes this lowers the score for that runway so it cannot be called for over the Runway 13.

In return RWY IGS 13 will carry a high score even if the winds are tail winds and weather is less then 3 mile visibility.

The weather engine and the ATC engine have very close ties to each other so it is important we understand the relationship when trying to close a runway which may also have a ILS.’

--Anyways, good luck, shouldn’t be very difficult.
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

samiranks

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 07:59:39 pm »
Okay, I know I am not losing my mind.  Last week I can swear I saw an update of an afcad, closing rwy13 and 31... Did Harpsi make one? ???