Author Topic: Compile Button - Not Working  (Read 1992 times)

PC Pilot

Compile Button - Not Working
« on: March 10, 2019, 12:46:55 am »
Hello,

I recently updated P3D v4.3 to v4.4 to take advantage of the PBR feature. P3D v4.4 updated fine, however, I receive a message from GSX to run the control panel as a result of the sim update. But I can not activate the "Compile checked Excludes" button. I click on it but nothing happens. I did run the Control Panel as administrator each time I tried. Attached is a screenshot:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Compile Button - Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:55:13 am »
But I can not activate the "Compile checked Excludes" button. I click on it but nothing happens. I did run the Control Panel as administrator each time I tried. Attached is a screenshot:

Nowhere the message from GSX said you had to click the "Compile Exclude files", which is only required when you want to replace jetways on a 3rd party scenery. Instead, the message said to patch the default jetways, which is done by clicking the "Disable default jetways" button, which re-patches the default jetways to disable them, since they were restored when you updated the sim.

You haven't created any Exclude files, so it's entirely normal the Compile button (which is not what you needed to use) is not active, since there's nothing to do with it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:59:00 am by virtuali »

PC Pilot

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:03:30 pm »
None of what you have written helped as the initial message/warning gave no clear direction. Eventually I was able to figure it out although there is still some oddity to it. Waiting for other developers to refine their version of ground services in the hope they won’t belittle customers with snarky comments or responses.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:16:26 pm »
None of what you have written helped as the initial message/warning gave no clear direction.

I don't understand what do you mean with this sentence, you said the initial message wasn't clear enough and, the way you are writing this sentence, it seems that *because* the initial message gave no direction, none of what I written has helped.

Which clearly doesn't make any sense, since even if you didn't understood the message from GSX, my reply was correct, because:

- I told you the Compile button wasn't related to the message you saw, which was the thing you asked for, and I also gave you the additional (useful) information that, if you haven't any pending Exclude files to compile, it's entirely normal for the Compile button to be inactive.

AND

- I told you to press the "Disable default jetways", which was the thing you had to do, to get rid of that message.

Eventually I was able to figure it out

You didn't had to figure out anything. You only had to follow my post, which said to click the "Disable default jetways" and not worry about the Compile button being inactive, since it doesn't have any relationship whatsoever with the message you saw about the jetways.

although there is still some oddity to it.

What "oddity" ? Clicking the "Disable default jetways", as I said you should, hasn't made the message from GSX going away ?

Waiting for other developers to refine their version of ground services in the hope they won’t belittle customers with snarky comments or responses.

I don't see anything "snarky", I only see an accurate reply that answered all your question precisely. If you don't agree, indicate where, exactly, I was wrong or gave you inaccurate information anywhere in my previous reply.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:18:02 pm by virtuali »