Author Topic: SODE is unavailable!  (Read 2897 times)

jsmcwilliam

SODE is unavailable!
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:31:33 pm »
I run P3DV4 under windows 10 and have just installed GSX Level2 2.5.0.11. When I openned the sim at Gate B10 EKCH (FlyTampa Scenery) I started by following the configuration tutorials on UTube by Cartayna (2 & 3). When I subsequently tried to test my setup using key 5, I got the error: SODE is unavailable - cannot test jetway resolving. Adjusting the chosen jetway did not help (F5 & F6). I have even tried reinstalling the software but this did not help. Can you give me advice as to how to proceed.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE is unavailable!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:42:22 pm »
Please check if GSX works on an airport not customized.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 05:08:20 pm »
I tried the default EGCC - parked at gate 204, openned the GSX editor and changed the jetways to none. Then I applied the change and closed P3DV4, went into the Control pgm to compile the change but there was no file waiting to be compiled. I found the ...AppData/roaming/Virtuali/GSX and deleted my old configurations and enclose the one generated from EGCC. There may be a log file somewhere which could be interesting.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:00 pm »
I have since parked at gate 1 ESMS and followed the utube tutorial which I found on this forum. The exclusions worked and I was able to compile my changes, however, I have a problem when aligning the vehicles because the num pad keypresses required to do this conflict with EZCA e.g. 2 & 5. Even some of the function keys do not do as they are suposed to. I have tried turning off EZCA but this was only partly successful. Have you any suggestion in that regard?
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 11:32:52 pm »
the num pad keypresses required to do this conflict with EZCA e.g. 2 & 5.

You mean the EZCA keys are conflicting with the GSX keys. We don't use any special keys, we just use the standard Slew keys.

I have tried turning off EZCA but this was only partly successful. Have you any suggestion in that regard?

Properly configure EZCA to be sure is not taking away any keys. Be sure no other addon is taking the same keys.

Also check in the Controls page, if Slew keys are set to default. In order to set all Slew keys to default, before pressing the Default button, you MUST first select the Slew events from the drop-down menu in the simulator Control setting page, because the Default button will reset only the page is currently set on.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 11:57:48 am »
I followed your advice and can now edit the vehicle positions so I turned my attention to the video on third party airports - this was based on FlyTampa EHAM, however, I have FlyTampa Copenhagen. I excluded the jetways and chose to install a Crystal model. Pressing "5" had no effect and I could not test my choice. I compile my changes and when I tried to activate the jetway I was told that the SODE was unavailable! So how should I tackle that.

jsmcwilliam

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »
The answer was on the forum which I should have searched from the start. "SODE is unavailable" means just that - the program is missing. I had to download it and when it was installed my jetways were able to function normally.
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 10:34:56 am »
The answer was on the forum which I should have searched from the start. "SODE is unavailable" means just that - the program is missing. I had to download it and when it was installed my jetways were able to function normally.

Which shouldn't happen normally, because SODE is installed automatically by GSX so, something happened and it got uninstalled or disabled for some reason.