Author Topic: GSX trial version not working correctly  (Read 2939 times)

mush1960

GSX trial version not working correctly
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:46:29 pm »
I am starting this as a new GSX thread, having sorted out my problems with the Geneva scenery. Spawning at a stand, I can summon the ground support vehicles ok. If I spawn on the runway and request a stand and Follow Me, nothing happens. The Follow Me car never turns up. If I try to open the menu again it won't work. if I go ahead and taxi to the stand I selected the APIS doesn't work, nor do the jetties. According to the documentation, the trial version should be fully working at an FSDT airport like Geneva. I am running FSX:SE on Windows. I have removed and reloaded GSX and Addon Manager, including GSX Level 2, using the default installation paths. Anything you can think of that I can try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX trial version not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:58:55 pm »
Try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG after exiting immediately after you see that error.

ZIP the log and post it here, or send it by email on the support email address.

mush1960

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:17:20 pm »
OK,I've done that. Hopefully the file has attached... No error messages received, just a lack of activity. No Follow Me, no APIS.

mush1960

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:00:34 pm »
Any update please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 10:02:20 pm »
Your log shows no errors of any kind. I cannot explain it, nor I can reproduce it and, of course, nobody else has reported it before.

I see you use a custom configuration for the airplane, which is not required, since the Aerosoft Airbus is already internally supported by GSX so, the first thing to try is to remove it, to be sure the issue is not caused by having edited the airplane configuration and made some kind of mistake.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:04:04 pm by virtuali »

mush1960

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 04:33:52 pm »
I am not aware of using a custom config for the aircraft, no idea where that came from. I will take that out and have another look.

mush1960

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 04:57:20 pm »
OK, I have tried that. Went in and removed all customisations, which will presumably set everything back to the default. Spawned on the active, taxied to the exit point, stopped and asked for a stand (11, with APIS) and a Follow Me. No response. The menu would no longer appear if I tried again. Taxied to the gate and again no APIS display. I have attached the latest couatl.log. No coautl.err was generated. I have attached a previous one in case it has anything useful in it.

mush1960

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 03:52:40 pm »
I have done another removal and reinstall of GSX, will see how it goes.

mush1960

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 10:18:01 pm »
Unfortunately, the removal and reinstallation has made no difference.

mush1960

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 12:57:19 pm »
Have you no suggestions about what I can do with this? I want to get GSX, but if I can't get the package to work in demo mode on an FSDT airport, it doesn't inspire much confidence.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 11:33:53 am »
Try removing the whole preferences folder:

Try a clean reinstall:

- Uninstall all your FSDT products from the Windows Control Panel.

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

- Remove these folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

- Reinstall all your FSDT products, be absolutely sure you use ONLY the *CURRENT* version of the installers, not some old installers you might have downloaded in the past.