Author Topic: Opaque windows on terminal?  (Read 4984 times)

molleh

Opaque windows on terminal?
« on: January 08, 2019, 07:37:34 am »
I installed KLAX into FSX SE and P3D v4 today and everything looks really nice except for an opaque, very shiny texture on the (I think it's called) the Tom Bradley terminal. It looks the same in both sims. I tried running live update already with no change.

Outside the terminal (can't see inside):

https://i.imgur.com/KS06oIS.jpg

Inside the terminal (can't see outside):

https://i.imgur.com/BYxJIpi.jpg

Thanks in advance for your time!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:59:44 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Opaque windows on terminal?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:01:01 am »
If you install the scenery in both sim, it will show correctly only on the 2nd run of a session for the same simulator, since on the 1st session the scenery will be patched to be reconfigured from the FSX configuration to the P3D configuration so, it will appear correctly only on the 2nd run.

molleh

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 05:11:09 pm »
If you install the scenery in both sim, it will show correctly only on the 2nd run of a session for the same simulator, since on the 1st session the scenery will be patched to be reconfigured from the FSX configuration to the P3D configuration so, it will appear correctly only on the 2nd run.

Hi Umberto, thanks for responding. I tried running several sessions in a row (several in one sim, then several in the other) but they both still display the opaque windows.

edit: I didn't notice this at first but there are opaque/overly shiny glass textures on the other terminals as well. I realize these ones are probably supposed to be opaque but I'm not sure the amount of shininess is normal:

https://i.imgur.com/qeim8Jl.jpg
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:38:49 pm by molleh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:55:38 pm »
They are not supposed to be opaque, but surely not that shiny: that would be how they looked like if the FSX object was used in P3D, as if something went wrong with the patching or the simulator detection.

This is what I see.

molleh

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 10:50:03 pm »
When I run Live Update when the last sim I had launched was P3D, here is what happens:

It downloads 24 .mdl files for KLAX. If I immediately re-run Live Update, no changes/downloads are made. If I then go and start P3D, I see the correct transparent windows in the Bradley terminal, but the other ones appear like my last screenshot with the overly shiny windows. If I re-launch P3D multiple times, I see the same thing. At this point if I closed P3D and launched FSX next without running Live Update, the terminals all appear with the shiny opaque windows. If I re-launched FSX multiple times at this point, they still appear opaque/shiny. If I then load P3D at this point, all windows are opaque/shiny - until I run Live Update again, when 24 .mdls are downloaded again.

When I run Live Update when the last sim I had launched was FSX, here is what happens:

It downloads 12 .mdl files for KLAX. If I immediately re-run Live Update, no changes/downloads are made. If I then start FSX, I see the incorrect opaque/shiny windows on ALL terminals. If I re-launch FSX multiple times, I see the same thing. At this point if I closed FSX and launched P3D multiple times without running Live Update again, all windows are opaque/shiny.

I'm doing literally the only things I can do from my end and explained every possible scenario I could think of. Hopefully you can help me fix this small but annoying issue. Thanks again.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 01:14:26 am »
Try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG after exiting immediately from a sim that is being switched for the other one for the first time, for example after closing P3D4 on the first session after an FSX session.

ZIP the log and post it here, or send it by email on the support email address.

molleh

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:36 am »
Thanks, will do!

molleh

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 08:05:01 pm »
Try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG after exiting immediately from a sim that is being switched for the other one for the first time, for example after closing P3D4 on the first session after an FSX session.

ZIP the log and post it here, or send it by email on the support email address.

Hi Umberto,

I had a chance to capture 4 logs, one for the first load for each sim and one for a second load for each sim (the first load being right after running the other sim.) Hope this helps! Thanks for your time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:36:48 pm »
I had a chance to capture 4 logs, one for the first load for each sim and one for a second load for each sim (the first load being right after running the other sim.)

The log shows exactly what is supposed to happen when everything is working. The 1st P3D run found that files had to be patched for P3D, the 2nd run shows there was no need to patch them again, because they were already patched successfully.

So, as far as our files go, everything is normal.

Have you maybe installed some tweaker, like PTA, that changes the default shaders ?

molleh

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 09:41:54 pm »
I had a chance to capture 4 logs, one for the first load for each sim and one for a second load for each sim (the first load being right after running the other sim.)

The log shows exactly what is supposed to happen when everything is working. The 1st P3D run found that files had to be patched for P3D, the 2nd run shows there was no need to patch them again, because they were already patched successfully.

Have you maybe installed some tweaker, like PTA, that changes the default shaders ?

No, no shader tweaks or anything like that. Perhaps you could send me known good/working P3D models (the ones that appear properly in the screenshot you posted) I could manually swap in to verify whether the files are being patched properly according to the logs or if there is some other local file I have that's interfering somehow. If the models you send me do appear properly in my sims, then we know there is a problem with how the patching process is working on my PC. If they appear the same, then it has to be something local on my PC. Thanks!

NMahinK

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:08 am »

No, no shader tweaks or anything like that. Perhaps you could send me known good/working P3D models (the ones that appear properly in the screenshot you posted) I could manually swap in to verify whether the files are being patched properly according to the logs or if there is some other local file I have that's interfering somehow. If the models you send me do appear properly in my sims, then we know there is a problem with how the patching process is working on my PC. If they appear the same, then it has to be something local on my PC. Thanks!

I too would like the known good working MDL models as well, I too have been having this issue for sometime now.

meyercub

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:40 am »
Hey,
Same issue here too. Exactly as described with the 12 .mdl updates.

Cub Meyer