Author Topic: Need for higher jetway bridges  (Read 3200 times)

Rafal

Need for higher jetway bridges
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:11:10 pm »
Dear Umberto!

Thanks to GSXL2 I have started upgrading airports with new SODE jetways.

Currently I am working on one of my favourites sceneries ever: EFHK Helsinki Vantaa from A-Flight.
This is a difficult airport to enhance, as the jetways and bridges are quite untypical and have different lengths, heights and positions.

There is one problem I cannot overcome. I see the GSX Jetway menu gives me a few bridges which have the '_S' letter in the end.
I noticed they lie relatively higher than others, which is great, as at some airports, Helisnki included, such bridges are used. Though honestly sometimes even the -S bridges are a bit too low.
However there are only a few _S bridges offered and I got stuck at stand 32 where the longest available bridge (FSDT_JWB_JBT_27_S) is just too short.
So I had to use a longer bridge which is too low. You can see the problem (marked with a red circle) in the screenshot I attached.

Is there a chance to get some longer _S bridges? Ot to be able to select the birdges/jetways lenght to a desirable one?
Or (these are my first day with the jetway editor, so forgive my possible ignorance) is there a way to move the bridges/jetways up and down and/or change there vertical angle?

Also I would love to get bridges with round windows for airports like Helsinki (seen in the other screenshot I attached).
Maybe one day?  ;)

Thanks a lot in advace.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:36:11 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

AirbusA330

Re: Need for higher jetway bridges
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:57:00 pm »
Hello Rafel,

Yes, the jetway height is still a kind of problem - I also describe a height problem at another airport with the A380 bridges some days ago. In general more different heights would really be great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:09:09 pm »
We'll add longer S bridges in the next update. A question: those jetways in your screenshot looks like Noseloaders: are the two bridge sections static ?

AirbusA330

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:10:14 pm »
AFAIK the first one looked at from the building is static, the second is movable to and go up and down with the part that connects to the aircraft.

Sometimes you can see the movement in this time-lapse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zrXrjBw8s

We'll add longer S bridges in the next update. A question: those jetways in your screenshot looks like Noseloaders: are the two bridge sections static ?

To add steeper S bridges would be better, since longer ones will need more room. I'd still prefer some more different heights for the jetways themselves though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 10:14:32 pm by AirbusA330 »

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 01:20:12 am »
A question: those jetways in your screenshot looks like Noseloaders: are the two bridge sections static ?

As for the real world EFHK bridges, AirbusA330 showed it well in the video - thanks for the link!

The upper image in my opening post shows the original A-Flight bridges/jetways (small stands).
The lower image shows a problem after my replacement.

After applyng my mod, the first section coming out of the building is left static.
I was able to remove the rest by deactivating a proper bgl file. There is no way to leave the original second section of the bridge unfortunately - I'd have to dig in the bgl, which I don't wan to do.
The second bridge section is a GSX bridge called FSDT_JWB_JBT_27_S. As you can see, it is way too low to look well-connected with the first section.
And the jetway I used is ThyssenKrupp Noseloader Two-tunnel Crystal NL 9/6.5. By the way I would love an even shorter one as at some stands it is touching the aircraft.

I have finished the A-Flight (Aerosoft) EFHK customization. Small gates went out quite fine but heavy ones have the mentioned problems (with length and height).
I am attatching my file if anyone wants to try and see. Just remember to deactivate jetway.bgl from the EFHK Scenery folder.

Will you consider one day jetways and bridges to be movable up and down plus maybe having a changing angle and/or length in the GSX editor?
It would make such changes so easy.  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:25:36 am by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:18:35 am »
Will you consider one day jetways and bridges to be movable up and down plus maybe having a changing angle and/or length in the GSX editor?

The reason why the height cannot be freely set has been discussed so many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18161.msg128163.html#msg128163

So, the only option is we adding jetways with more height variations.

obb12

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 09:16:10 am »
Any updates?