Author Topic: the "apply button" needs to be optimised.  (Read 1480 times)

ols500

the "apply button" needs to be optimised.
« on: December 30, 2018, 02:38:23 pm »
Hi, the "apply" button which updates the changes you have made on an airport needs to be optimised in my opinion. When working on huge airports e.g. EGLL, EGKK, LTBA it takes 15 or more seconds to apply. Doesn't sound that long, but when you are programming 50+ gates that's 12 minutes just spent on applying roughly. Can you please make the "apply" button so it only applies changes to that specific gate or gates, instead of looking for changes in all gates then applying them?

Thanks, Ollie.

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: the "apply button" needs to be optimised.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:58:05 pm »
Hi, the "apply" button which updates the changes you have made on an airport needs to be optimised in my opinion. When working on huge airports e.g. EGLL, EGKK, LTBA it takes 15 or more seconds to apply. Doesn't sound that long, but when you are programming 50+ gates that's 12 minutes just spent on applying roughly. Can you please make the "apply" button so it only applies changes to that specific gate or gates, instead of looking for changes in all gates then applying them?

Thanks, Ollie.
sorry to say, that is your pc, and not GSX itself. in mine takes less than 1 second
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:38:03 pm by cartayna »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: the "apply button" needs to be optimised.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:11:19 pm »
Can you please make the "apply" button so it only applies changes to that specific gate or gates, instead of looking for changes in all gates then applying them?

That's precisely what it already does. The Apply applies changes ONLY to the gates you selected. Obviously, if you select many gates at once, it will take longer than if just one gate is selected. But never more than a few seconds, like less than 10 seconds for 100+ gates selected.

It shouldn't take more than 1 second with a single gate selected.