Author Topic: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command  (Read 2533 times)

Danielgarzag

Hello,

Yesterday I managed to get GSX working again but after attempting to fly out of Barcelona airport, I get this memory error in the .log file saying the following "Exception while creating airport cache: MapViewOfFile failed: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command: "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sim-wings Barcelona Professional\scenery\BCN_PHO-Airport.bgl" (system: (number eight))." Now Madrid is not working again after I was able to make GSX work with it yesterday.

Why is this memory problem happening???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:36:08 am by Danielgarzag »

Danielgarzag

Re: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:02:53 pm »
Update: GSX is not working at all because it can't load any AFCAD files  and will always regenerate the cache with a FALURE

Someone please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:06:54 pm »
"Exception while creating airport cache: MapViewOfFile failed: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command: "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sim-wings Barcelona Professional\scenery\BCN_PHO-Airport.bgl"

This is the first time ever someone reports this problem and, as the message says, seems to be caused by having exhausted memory, most likely because of a combination of all the following:

- An extremely high number of sceneries installed

AND/OR

- Not enough space left on the Windows boot drive

AND/OR

- Not enough physical memory, so Windows had to rely on the Swap file.

AND/OR

- Not enough space left on the drive (or drives) Windows keeps its Swap file

AND/OR

- Having mistakenly disabled the Swap drive settings (instead of letting manage them by Windows automatically), so Windows will not use them if you are short on physical memory, hence the too low memory error message.

So, check all of these.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 05:15:07 am »
Will do! I will reply if I have something

Thanks

Danielgarzag

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:44:36 pm »
"Exception while creating airport cache: MapViewOfFile failed: Not enough memory resources are available to process this command: "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Sim-wings Barcelona Professional\scenery\BCN_PHO-Airport.bgl"

This is the first time ever someone reports this problem and, as the message says, seems to be caused by having exhausted memory, most likely because of a combination of all the following:

- An extremely high number of sceneries installed

AND/OR

- Not enough space left on the Windows boot drive

AND/OR

- Not enough physical memory, so Windows had to rely on the Swap file.

AND/OR

- Not enough space left on the drive (or drives) Windows keeps its Swap file

AND/OR

- Having mistakenly disabled the Swap drive settings (instead of letting manage them by Windows automatically), so Windows will not use them if you are short on physical memory, hence the too low memory error message.

So, check all of these.

GSX is working now, I changed some settings in the system and it looks like the ram or the memory was at very high levels which prevented GSX from working, but GSX is working fine now. Thanks a lot for the help  ;D