Author Topic: VA vehicles don't show up  (Read 2087 times)

dlarokk

VA vehicles don't show up
« on: December 24, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »
I'm trying to use the custom GSX vehicles from a virtual airline, but the custom operator doesn't show up. I'm on FSX:SE using the latest GSX version. Here is one sim.cfgs:

[fltsim.0]
title=FSDT_Staircase_USERMETRO
model=01
texture=MET
couatl.icaoprefixes =K KONT KMCI KBWI KFLL KLAX KPDX KORD KFSD
couatl.atc_parking_codes=MET,MVA,MAV

Is anything wrong there? I've tried setting the virtual airline override to MET in settings.

pilot3033

Re: VA vehicles don't show up
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:39:03 am »
Hiya, I am the one who originally made the GSX package for Metro. It was made with an older version of the software so I don't know how compatible it all is these days.

For one thing, all of the hub airports are outdated! For another, I don't remember what's included in the download. At the time, and maybe this is still true, there wasn't (isn't) a way to simply create one file, you have to create a bunch of user folders. Possible GSX just isn't happy with the Metro download because it doesn't reference current vehicles.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:26:50 am by pilot3033 »

dlarokk

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:00:24 am »
Alright, that's too bad. I was hoping I could just avoid the hub issue by setting the VA override.

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:27:31 am »
The right logo files should still be in the .zip folder. You might have some luck trying to recreate the package with the newest version of the software. From what I recall, it wasn't very difficult just a bit time consuming. Perhaps the process has changed.

dlarokk

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:13:55 am »
Hmm, I've partially figured this out. It looks like GSX now looks for vehicles in Addon Manager , not the FSX SimObjects folder. MET vehicls are now an option, but baggage tractors are not spawned/invisible, and the staircase is missing the textures, aside from the logo. So, something isn't right, any ideas?

dlarokk

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 04:16:06 am »
Also, GSX calls MET "Meteorological Research Flight". Does anyone know where GSX stores names?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:19 am »
Also, GSX calls MET "Meteorological Research Flight". Does anyone know where GSX stores names?

There's an internal database you cannot change but, quoting from the PaintKit documentation, Page 8:

The couatl.atc_parking_codes parameter can also be an arbitrary string, not related to any ICAO arline, and it’s useful to define handling operators that are not airlines

A Virtual Airline can surely qualify as "not airline" (=airline that doesn't have a real world ICAO code) so, following the example on the next page:

couatl.icaoprefixes = EDDF
couatl.atc_parking_codes = Fraport

This is a vehicle for Frankfurt, that uses an arbitrary string for its operator name. It will score 4 at EDDF, and will be announced just as “Fraport” when GSX will issue the “Handling by...” message when a parking spot is selected.