Author Topic: Boarding pax overlapping with each other  (Read 2116 times)

Rafal

Boarding pax overlapping with each other
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:36:37 am »
Umberto,

I am a very fresh user of GSXL2 - bought it just yesterday. Thanks for the discount!
I am still discovering and learning the software, so please bear with me.

I noticed that while boarding, passengers tend to walk with different speeds and so some of them catch up with ones in front of them.
As a result they overlap with each other (or even overcome others). Is this something that can be helped or maybe it is a bug in my install/config?

The attached image comes from one of my tests. It was at Drzewiecki Design EPKKv2, gate 3, mode by Eyal Rokach from the AVSIM library (file name: gsx_level_2_for_epkk.zip).
In the GSX Settings I have pax density set to very dense as anything lower looks unrealistic to my eyes. Could it be the culprit?

Thanks a lot for finding a minute to reply.
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding pax overlapping with each other
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:39:28 am »
In the GSX Settings I have pax density set to very dense as anything lower looks unrealistic to my eyes. Could it be the culprit?

Of course it is.

Having every passengers checking collisions between all the others will put too much strain on the simulator, because of the much increased rate of commands that should be sent, at each frame, to check the position of everybody.

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 01:42:36 am »
That was fast, thank you!  :)

I understand and will have to lower the settings. Maybe Normal will help - what is your safe recommended setting?
And do you think it would be possible and make sense to make these people walk at the same rate?
Just thinking...
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 01:49:27 am »
I understand and will have to lower the settings. Maybe Normal will help - what is your safe recommended setting?

It depends entirely on you, that's why there's a settings. Some users are more concerned by the boarding time, others by the fps impact, others by the visual realism (not wanting any clashing).

Lower densities will impact less on fps and reduce the chance of passengers stacking up onto each other, but boarding will last longer. Higher density are the opposite, and boarding will be quicker.

And do you think it would be possible and make sense to make these people walk at the same rate?

Then they will *really* start to look like an army of zombies/clones. It took quite a bit of effort to model each and every passenger with a different pace, different walking style and different stride.

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 01:54:31 am »
It took quite a bit of effort to model each and every passenger with a different pace, different walking style and different stride.

I have no doubts about it and really appreciate your efforts to make it happen.
Limitations are almost everywhere in our sims and that's the way it is.

I will then not look at the pax so often - I was just thrilled since it was my first day with the new toy.
Also as I did some beta testing in the past, I cannot get rid of this silly habit to check everything and everywhere...  :-[

Thanks a lot for your time!