Author Topic: GSX problem with loading object  (Read 1573 times)

murtag01

GSX problem with loading object
« on: October 13, 2018, 09:11:41 am »
Hello, with the last version of GSX i have a problem when the program load the object to the parcking, it can be the traffic cone or a baggage in case of traffic cones disabled for the airplane. If GSX don't load any object i can go to the setting, airporort costumization, aircraft setting. But i can't modify the vehicle location...
When i try to request a deboarding or refueling appear this message: the coualt scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please download and install the latest Stand-alone Addon manager from http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager.
I try to disable in airport customization the staircases, the baggage and the passenger bus, and the problem persist.
I try to a more airport with other aircraft from PMDG 737 and the problem persist.
I have installed more times the last installer downloaded from your website and the addon manager folder with coulat.exe are in safe list of the Antivirus.

I attach the panic log and 3 log...the last one is the test wihout bus, stairs, baggage.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:51:01 am by murtag01 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problem with loading object
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX that, according to your error log, cannot find its objects, because the line the GSX installer always add for their path is missing from your FSX.CFG file.

There might be many reasons why that line is missing:

- Your FSX.CFG was corrupted (had errors, usually resulted by having edited by hand), so the installer hasn't touched it. This can only fixed by fixing the errors in the file. Sometimes, removing it and let FSX recreate a new one, then reinstalling GSX, is the easiest way to do this.

- You (or some other addon), have reset the FSX.CFG to the default or to a previous situation *before* GSX was installed. This is fixed by reinstalling GSX.

- Your FSX registry keys are wrong, so the FSX.CFG used is not the one the GSX installer expects it to be (on a proper installation). The most common case of registry keys wrong, results by having installed FSX:SE when FSX *was* installed, and then uninstalling the regular FSX. This will cause ALL sort of problems, because FSX:SE still acts AS IF FSX is still installed.

Some websites or users and even developers, those with outdated products that don't really support the FSX+FSX:SE dual configuration (like we do, of course), suggest to manually edit the FSX:SE registry key to point to the FSX folder, but this must be done correctly, to ALL keys, and by properly setting a special "Co-Existence" key, which tell FSX:SE to stop running in "side-by-side" mode, and run in "stand-alone" mode, so it will use all the standard FSX registry keys.

If this registry editing is not made correctly, you'll end up with a mixup of correct and wrong registry keys and it will confuse proper installers (like our own), which support and recognize FSX, FSX:SE, FSX+FSX:SE as proper separate products, because the location (and even its *name) of the FSX.CFG file will change depending on some of these registry keys.

The best way to fix this is:

- Uninstall FSX:SE

- Be sure you don't have any registry key belonging to FSX. If you have an old FSX folder, remove it as well

- Reinstall FSX:SE, which will not set ALL its registry keys to run in the proper way, as a stand-alone product.

murtag01

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 09:23:57 pm »
ok Umerto, now is ok!!! I have unistalled and reinstalled fsx-se and now all work fine. The problem was a "side by side" installation, not from a duoble version of FSX installed in the pc, but maybe an addon has created a wrong regist key (I was thinking about this problem).
Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 11:15:19 am »
The problem was a "side by side" installation

That's was what I meant. Our software supports it.

maybe an addon has created a wrong regist key (I was thinking about this problem).

Yes, an addon that doesn't support the side by side installation, had probably just copied the FSX:SE registry key to the FSX one, and while this will work for addons that don't know anything about FSX:SE or a side-by-side installation, will confuse addons (like GSX), that supports it and must recognize it.