Author Topic: FSXSE Courtal scripting Error  (Read 1586 times)

danno

FSXSE Courtal scripting Error
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:14:13 am »
Hello, and you in advance to anyone that can help.

I have been using GSX for a number of years not but looking for some smoother frame rates, I switched to FSX:SE, still having FSX Gold installed on the PC.

Unfortunately, I get a courtal scripting error whenever the airport cache loads - not allowing me to use any of GSX 's features. I have attached the error log and message. I have tried the advice of message that popped up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSXSE Courtal scripting Error
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:27:17 pm »
The error is likely caused by a wrong registry settings for FSX:SE, usually caused by other addons (or you, following some suggestions) that set the wrong registry keys for FSX:SE, most likely to be able to install products that don't recognize FSX:SE

When you want to use both FSX and FSX:SE installed on the same system, their registry keys must be different, otherwise nothing will work or, more precisely, proper products that recognize both as two separate sims (like ours), cannot work. But, if you set the registry keys properly, as they should be, old products that don't recognize FSX:SE cannot be installed.

If, instead, you Uninstall FSX, and Uninstall FSX:SE too, then reinstall FSX:SE only, FSX:SE will work in stand-alone mode, so it will use the same registry keys as FSX, and everything will usually work with no changes. This is what suggest to do.

If you don't want to do this, you must fix the registry keys manually.

We have a diagnostic mode in the installers, which can be used to check registry problems. You can enable it this way:

- Open a command prompt. Press the Windows Start button, type "CMD" then Enter in the white area. A command prompt will open, and it should be pointing to your Home folder, which is something like:

C:\Users\yourname    (yourname, of course, is your login name)

- You need to go to the folder you have downloaded the gsx_fsx_setup.exe For example, if you have downloaded in, let's say, the default Downloads folder, you need to do this:

CD downloads

this should change the current working folder as follows:

C:\Users\yourname\downloads

So, assuming you the gsx_fsx_setup.exe file in this folder, type the following:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe  /LOG=LOG.TXT

then press Enter and continue the installation. At the end of the installation you'll have a LOG.TXT file in that folder. ZIP it and send it to support, BY EMAIL, using the email support address found on the "contact us" page of this site, or your purchase receipt.