Author Topic: Big Problem-No NDB's please help  (Read 4460 times)

jasonarmstrong

Big Problem-No NDB's please help
« on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:55 am »
Good Day!

I installed yesterday ORBX YMML and SP1 for FSX and noticed that when searching for airports only some australian airports would appear and none else. Now when i try to start fsx i get the following error

Flight Simulator requires at leeast one each of the following to run: an airport, a VOR, and NDB, and a waypoint.  There is currently no NDBs in the dataset.  Flight Simulator will now exit.

Im trying to purchase KFLL but i cannot access FSX and do it. I understand this isnt FSdreamteam related but i need some help!

thanks so much for your time

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Big Problem-No NDB's please help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:45:50 am »
It seems your scenery.cfg has been destroyed

You can try one the following:

- Go into the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX folder, and look for files. The scenery.cfg should be there. Try to open it with Notepad and see if there's something clearly wrong. Or, check this folder to see if the installer created a backup of it as it was before, or if another previous installer created a fairly recent safety copy.

- If this fails, and you can't recover any valid scenery.cfg, there's a backup in the main FSX folder BUT, this is a "clean" scenery.cfg, that contains only the default sceneries, as if FSX was just been installed so, if you copy this file (or remove the one in the %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX folder), you'll have to reinstall all your sceneries. Not FSX, but all the addon sceneries.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:44:58 pm by virtuali »

jasonarmstrong

Re: Big Problem-No NDB's please help
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:41 pm »
Hi!

Thanks for all your help but cannot seem to find the original backup scenery.cfg, i have a few scenery.cfg files that i have from previous this problem but when i assign them as scenery.cfg i still get the error message.  All the scenery.cfg's that i had in my fsx main folder (from Aerosoft products ex:Scenery_CFG_Before_London Heathrow 2008_was_uninstalled) i change the name to simply scenery.cfg and i still get the same error.

any ideas?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:57:27 pm by jasonarmstrong »