Author Topic: GSX 2 - Gates on roof at KGSP?  (Read 6415 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 - Gates on roof at KGSP?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 01:08:21 pm »
I like GSX and without a fix, I cannot use it.

Yes, you can obviously use it by disabling the airport in AEC, and accept an eventual plateau effect for the time being, which is surely better than having jetways in the air.

vysous

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 01:11:28 pm »
I like GSX and without a fix, I cannot use it.

Yes, you can obviously use it by disabling the airport in AEC, and accept an eventual plateau effect for the time being, which is surely better than having jetways in the air.

I am fine with that in the case the actual solution is being worked on :) I take your previous posts as "yes, it is being worked on". Am I right?

Cheers, Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 01:14:42 pm »
I am fine with that in the case the actual solution is being worked on :) I take your previous posts as "yes, it is being worked on". Am I right?

I think my previous post was clear enough.

We surely can add this as a temporary solution, but the real solution would be doing it automatically, if possible. For the time being, disabling the airport in AEC is the thing you can use NOW.

Not possible to say how much time before adding it, because we are working on other things too. That's why I said to disable the airport in AEC for the time being

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 09:44:10 pm »
Could you please try the new Live Update we posted today ? It's supposed to add support for elevation correction .BGLs without an airport. We made some tests with purposely made files, but would like to know if it fixes the problem with OrbX vector.

Just run the FSDT Live Update now to get the update files.

Of course, for the test to be meaningful, you should enable again the airport in the OrbX AEC utility.

vysous

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 10:24:03 pm »
Thank you for a quick action.

Unfortunately, after the update, GSX is not loaded into FSX at all (I don't see neither "Addon Manager", "Couatl" or "GSX" in the Addon menu. Is there some log file I should check?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 11:43:51 pm »
Unfortunately, after the update, GSX is not loaded into FSX at all (I don't see neither "Addon Manager", "Couatl" or "GSX" in the Addon menu. Is there some log file I should check?

That's likely the antivirus fault that, just because we updated Couatl.exe, is mistakenly assuming it might be a threat.

- Restart Windows

- Configure the Antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager from scanning.

- Run the Live Update again.