Author Topic: A BUNCH OF AIRPORT CONFIGURATIONS (100+) IN GSX2 & FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL  (Read 408557 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
To access Cartayna Files, please go to SimMarket Store:
https://secure.simmarket.com/javier-iturralde-lind-cartayna-files-gsx-level-2-configurations.phtml.

Cartayna Files is entering a new phase where new developers have been incorporated to further enhance and produce great configurations. We are currently working on the development of new configurations for MSFS. Unfortunately from now on, these configurations will not be for free but are offered for a very reasonable price in SimMarket in order to help us develop some new unique configurations. Thanks for your support.

There is NO support for this configuration. You can however go to either this forum page or Facebook's page, where users can assist you if you ask for help: https://www.facebook.com/CartaynaFiles/

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 07:58:17 pm by cartayna »

Wuzz

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:48:40 pm »
Awesome work!

I just tried to install EDDF and followed the instructions in the readme file. If I then try to use SODE there comes the message that there are no triggerable objects in reach.

I assume I have not completely got the whole GSX-replacement-Sode thing - however, would be thankful for a swift reply with a workaround :)

Best,
Wuzz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:41:05 pm »
I just tried to install EDDF and followed the instructions in the readme file. If I then try to use SODE there comes the message that there are no triggerable objects in reach.

Please read this post, which explains why you shouldn't use the normal SODE TAB-S menu with GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18371.msg128201.html#msg128201

Andi112

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:11 am »
Good morning,
can i use the File from Taxi2gate Eddm in FSX too?
or is it only for P4d?

Greetings
Andreas Herr!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:25:23 am by Andi112 »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 09:33:53 am »
Good morning,
or is it only for P4d?

Greetings
Andreas Herr!
Hello Andreas,
I do not see why not (sorry i use P3D). In any case, this files can not damage your sim. they are very few of them and extremely easy to remove. If u want to remove them, just do the reverse steps by deleting the files you added. I have tested them with other 3 users and went all fine. Please let me know if they work for you...

Wuzz, yeap, use CTRL+SHIFT+F12 to popup GSX menu as Umberto says.  Glad you like them.
Regards.

Wuzz

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 11:20:12 am »
Indeed it works now - also compiled the excluded .bgl in the GSX-Tool.

Thanks again - I really appreciate the immediate support in this forum.

Andi112

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 11:32:25 am »
Good morning,
or is it only for P4d?

Greetings
Andreas Herr!
Hello Andreas,
I do not see why not (sorry i use P3D). In any case, this files can not damage your sim. they are very few of them and extremely easy to remove. If u want to remove them, just do the reverse steps by deleting the files you added. I have tested them with other 3 users and went all fine. Please let me know if they work for you...

Wuzz, yeap, use CTRL+SHIFT+F12 to popup GSX menu as Umberto says.  Glad you like them.
Regards.

Hi,
In FSX it doesn't working,
i don't see no Jetways....
What I am doing wrong?

oskar11

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:31:04 pm »
Please check the file of EDDF. The fsdreamteam exclude scenery EDDF file is named EDDT.

Kind regards!

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:40:20 pm »
Please check the file of EDDF. The fsdreamteam exclude scenery EDDF file is named EDDT.

Kind regards!
My apologies Andy112 and Oskar! i messed up that airport, check now and download that same link. Now EDDF has been corrected. Nevertheless, i have detected there is something wrong with EDDF besided the file issue that i have corrected. i have asked to Umberto to be so kind as to inspect that file. it worked when i created it but now it doesnt in my sim. The rest i have tried to see if it was a general issue, but seems ok. Apologies.

Please let me know if you find any other mistake.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:04:44 pm by cartayna »

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 08:58:31 pm »

Please read this post, which explains why you shouldn't use the normal SODE TAB-S menu with GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18371.msg128201.html#msg128201
Umberto, can you help us please? i have tested my airports and all worked. today, without touching anything, EDDF is giving an odd mistake. It says sometimes that this door has a default jetway or no jetawa can operate at this position. Is really frustrating because when i designed it, it worked perfectly!
I have tested a few others and seem fine when operating a jetway.

Andi112

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 08:05:49 am »
I have to disappoint you,
It doesnt works in FSX currently....
I don't know what i'm doing wrong,
I hope anybody make an File for the Taxi2Gate EDDM FSX Version,

Greets
Andreas :)

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 10:31:43 am »
I have to disappoint you,
It doesnt works in FSX currently....
I don't know what i'm doing wrong,
I hope anybody make an File for the Taxi2Gate EDDM FSX Version,

Greets
Andreas :)
Sorry, I should have said we have tried it on P3D only (it works perfectly for at least 3 users that we have tried all of them, except EDDF, that for some reason it does not). Have you tried other airports that i here atttach? it does not work in any of them?
Try this, in the .ini file, if you edit it with a text editor, in the 2nd line there is a path. Try fixing yours. In P3d, this does not need to be done, and maybe, just maybe that is the issue. if its not, i cant help you much more than this. no clue as to how FSX works. Thought it was identical for GSX.
cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 10:53:16 am »
Umberto, can you help us please? i have tested my airports and all worked. today, without touching anything, EDDF is giving an odd mistake. It says sometimes that this door has a default jetway or no jetawa can operate at this position. Is really frustrating because when i designed it, it worked perfectly!

I checked your EDDF file, and the issue is that, at many parkings, you used short jetways with two tunnels. These cannot reach the door from the distance EDDF stands normally are in relationship to the parking position. That's depending on the airplane too, of course. I'm trying with the default 737.

So, either use longer jetways (at Gate A18, for example, switching from the 18/13 model to the 25/16 model fixed the problem) or, if you like the shorter jetways, use the 3-tunnel version instead.

Also, try to check pictures for the real world airport: I believe jetways at EDDF are more neutral grey (default) than the blueish grey (cool grey) you used, and they don't have the gate number over it.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 10:59:39 am »

I checked your EDDF file, and the issue is that, at many parkings, you used short jetways with two tunnels. These cannot reach the door from the distance EDDF stands normally are in relationship to the parking position. That's depending on the airplane too, of course. I'm trying with the default 737.

So, either use longer jetways (at Gate A18, for example, switching from the 18/13 model to the 25/16 model fixed the problem) or, if you like the shorter jetways, use the 3-tunnel version instead.

Also, try to check pictures for the real world airport: I believe jetways at EDDF are more neutral grey (default) than the blueish grey (cool grey) you used, and they don't have the gate number over it.
awesome Umberto! thanks for the info. i wil do it these evening and repost this airport.
Cheers.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 11:19:44 am »

Kind regards!

Hi guys, thanks to Umbertos tip, EDDF issue is now solved. check in the link i attached of drpbox, there is an updated version in the EDDF folder.

cheers