Author Topic: P3D V4.3 crashes when customizing jetways  (Read 3767 times)

Collero

P3D V4.3 crashes when customizing jetways
« on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:08 pm »
Hi,
eyerything works fine with the "removal" of the default jetways, but after I compiled the jetways in the GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe and start P3D again, my P3D V4.3 crashes when I click the "Jetway" section.
So I can not customize the Jetways, because P3D crahshes.
I also watched a video, but I still have the problem.

Thank you for help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V4.3 crashes when customizing jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 06:51:14 pm »
It's possible you have a problem with your video drivers, because we use DX11 to create a preview image of the font selected. Are you using a AMD/ATI card ? If yes, be sure you install the latest driver and reset all video settings to default.

But do it even if you have an nVidia card...

Collero

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 07:31:15 pm »
I have upated my NVIDIA driver to the latest version, but it still crashes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:44:22 pm »
Try to do a custom install of the driver, and choose the option to do a clean install, so all settings will be default.

Collero

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 04:17:06 pm »
I did a new installation of the NVIDIA driver (everything reset to NVIDIA default settings), but it crashed again.

Collero

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 04:44:10 pm »
I tried to re-install GSX, but it didnĀ“t help either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 10:21:48 pm »
I'm sorry, but we cannot replicate the problem, and you are the only one that reported it so far. Do you have Windows 7 perhaps ?

Collero

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 06:28:31 am »
No, I am using win 10.
I can try to install a clean version of P3D and then  install GSX.
Maybe it works then.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 10:15:31 am »
Hi,

having the same issue when trying to customise TropicalSim Faro. All is updated (NVidia drivers, GSXL2, Live Update) and using P3DV4.3 over Windows 10. When changing to the Jetway tab P3D crashes (simply disappears). Run P3D again but the GSX menu option does not appear. Have to reboot the computer and then GSX appears again in P3D. Tried several times, all with the same result.

In the Faro sceney folder:
* Renamed SODE folder to SODE.off (the out of the box SODE jetways do not work).
* Renamed lpfr2016_p3d_jetwaysplacers.bgl to lpfr2016_p3d_jetwaysplacers.bgl.off which effectively removed the default jetways from the scenery.

In this case GSX still requires the creation of exclude files (as documented) prior to adding new jetways?

Another strange thing is that on the top of the GSX Customisation window the AFCAD identified is from the default scenery which results in incorrect (outdated) gates in the list below. Shouldn't the AFCAD be from the TropicalSim scenario?

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:52:27 am by Antonio Abreu »

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 11:28:29 pm »
Hi,

I got the SODE jetways that came with the scenario working now. The issue is that GSXL2 seems to be reading the gates position from the default scenario so, for GSX, the aircraft is not at the gate when I choose a gate position from the "Go to airport ..." in the P3D menu. If I use the "Warp me there" GSX places the aircraft well forward and within the terminal. Why is GSX reading AFCAD from the default scenario when TropicalSim Faro 2016 is well above it in the list?

Please help, IVAO event coming next Saturday, would like to have this sorted out.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 02:19:01 pm »
The issue is that GSXL2 seems to be reading the gates position from the default scenario.

To know the reason why GSX hasn't read the scenery you are expecting to read, logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX setting page, and the Restart and rebuild cache option in the Couatl settings menu. Then, exit the sim and to to this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

and post the Couatl.LOG file which should be there. Don't post it as it is. ZIP it and Attach it to a post.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 03:20:38 pm »
Hi,

* First attempt:
- No couatl.log exists
- Checked Couatl.ini and it contained a string like logFile=""
- Canged it to logfle="Couatl.log"

* Second attempt:
- The Couatl.log was created on P3D launch
- Immediately after P3D launch (aircraft on ramp at LPFR) => Couatl.1.ini in the attached zip
- After Restart and rebuild airport cache and exiting the sim => Couatl.2.ini in the attached zip.

If you prefer you can send me chat info to my e-mail so we can debug this together. I'll be in the PC for most of the afternoon.

Thank you

PS: meanwhile TropicalSim stated to me by e-mail that the scenario should be fully compatible with P3DV4.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:24:06 pm by Antonio Abreu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 11:39:35 pm »
Could you please try running the FSDT Live Update now ? We posted an Addon Manager update which should hopefully fix your problem, which was caused by your username being Unicode.

Antonio Abreu

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 09:53:22 am »
Hi Umberto,

For now I can confirm:
* Issue with GSX catering, refueling and boarding is now fixed, popup menu options now work correctly.
* Sode jetways that came with the scenario work as programmed by the scenario.

Concerning the customisation of the jetways:
* Can confirm that the file identified on the top of the window is now correct and the gates in the list now come from the right AFCAD (see attached, screen).
* I'll try to customise jetways after today's IVAO event, don't want to mess with it now. I believe it will work now.

Thank you for all your help.

:)