Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 142901 times)

mike4370

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2018, 04:10:02 am »
just a shot in the dark but has anyone tried updating their GPU drivers?  There was a recent driver update for the NVIDIA 1080

AirBorne

« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2018, 04:26:07 am »
just a shot in the dark but has anyone tried updating their GPU drivers?  There was a recent driver update for the NVIDIA 1080

Yes, no difference.

LukeK

« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2018, 04:36:47 am »
Had a crash going into CYYZ the other day around FL250 - 100% CPU usage with 5 cores around 40% kernel (not user) time. I suspect it had something to do with the problems here.

Today, updated GSX2, used P3D 4.3 and TFDI 717 from FlyTampa CYYZ to ImagineSim KATL. No issues whatsoever. Previously, deleted shadercache and scenery indexes. I'll fly more this weekend to test.

Cheers!

Luke

twincityjeff

« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2018, 05:13:07 am »
I can confirm the temp fix as suggested: disable RTT, jetways to default, sim runs as it did before the addition of Level 2.  The CPU no longer max's all cores and no blurries.

ols500

« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2018, 07:57:10 am »
Yes Disable RTT fixes issue completely!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

ols500

« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2018, 08:10:47 am »
I can confirm the temp fix as suggested: disable RTT, jetways to default, sim runs as it did before the addition of Level 2.  The CPU no longer max's all cores and no blurries.

Thank you

duckbilled

« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2018, 04:11:08 pm »
Disabling RTT doesn't do it for me. While it does seem to improve the blur, I still get 100% CPU usage and terrible performance. Yesterday I tested it. I was flying the NGX over western Kansas with no cloud cover - near 100% CPU usage. If I disable GSX, it drops down to the 60's. Re-enable - back up to 100%

had a great flight from LGA-RDU last night - GSX disabled, of course.

LukeK

« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2018, 04:18:56 pm »
Disabling RTT doesn't do it for me. While it does seem to improve the blur, I still get 100% CPU usage and terrible performance. Yesterday I tested it. I was flying the NGX over western Kansas with no cloud cover - near 100% CPU usage. If I disable GSX, it drops down to the 60's. Re-enable - back up to 100%

Do you know whether that's kernel or user time? When I saw it, it was an abnormally high percentage of kernel time which suggested that it was doing something related to the O/S - file I/O or something like that.

Cheers!

Luke

ols500

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2018, 04:39:15 pm »
@virtuali have you got any closer to a solution? (not being pushy just wondering :D)

duckbilled

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2018, 04:46:29 pm »

Do you know whether that's kernel or user time? When I saw it, it was an abnormally high percentage of kernel time which suggested that it was doing something related to the O/S - file I/O or something like that.

Cheers!

Luke

Not sure. Tell me what to look for and I'll retest. Right now I'm just looking at resource monitor.

ironcondor

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2018, 05:44:13 pm »
When I select Disable RTT in the manager and click exit, restart sim, the check is no longer selected in the RTT box. Does this mean the deactivation of RTT did not happen? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:46:57 pm by ironcondor »

kikigey89

« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2018, 07:08:08 pm »
Well, looks like if I depart from an airport that I've changed the jetways using GSX I still get blurries. If I depart from other airport with sode jetways but not the GSX ones, I'm getting no blurries at all. Landing in any airport doesn't give me blurries... The problem seems to be depart from an GSX SODE airport. If I do that, at about 30 min flight I start to get very blurried textures.

After 4 hours of testing it seems that this also solved my issue. I manually deleted the changes I made after I bought the Level 2 Expansion from the files in %appdata%\Virtuali\GSX.
I tried the other ideas first (Exclude, shader cache, SceneryIndexes, RTT) but without success. I will now enable these things again.

duckbilled

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2018, 07:14:25 pm »
I have not changed any jetways.

Nightliner76

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2018, 07:21:32 pm »
By the way... same Problem here. Bluries after boarding with GSX V2 after 30 minutes of flight. I did the fixes and it worked for me. But it would be great to have the enhanced Jetways.

kikigey89

« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2018, 07:25:16 pm »
I have not changed any jetways.

The sceneries I made changes to are EDDK and EDDL which have static jetways. I couldn't even disable them. I placed SODE jetways at one gate in EDDL and at one gate in EDDK to check how it works.
So it might be that the problem is indeed in the SODE jetways or at least something happens that causes the blurries.