Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 144486 times)

cjhffm

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2018, 12:48:40 am »
Well, looks like if I depart from an airport that I've changed the jetways using GSX I still get blurries. If I depart from other airport with sode jetways but not the GSX ones, I'm getting no blurries at all. Landing in any airport doesn't give me blurries... The problem seems to be depart from an GSX SODE airport. If I do that, at about 30 min flight I start to get very blurried textures.

That's an interesting comment.. I tested the steps that a member suggested above and it seemed to have solved my blurry texture problem - but I departed from EDDM, an airport at which I hadn't changed the jetways. I'll have to test from LSZH, where I had installed a config file.. thx

AirBorne

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2018, 01:27:22 am »
Interesting findings (which should have been accomplished during beta testing which in turn makes me think beta testing here was not well performed).
I also noted that depending on the departing (and overflown maybe?) airport the issue does not arise, so apparently the routine that hogs the system is never launched.
I'm also having some .DLL errors during the shutdown of P3D (BGLMAN*.*), within the session the textures (aircraft, jetways, service vehicles, etc) are not loaded correctly and when they do, they take a lot of time.
Also bear in mind that I did NOT buy the Level 2, so deactivation is nonsense in this case as it's not even enabled. I'm not sure in this case whether or not deactivating SODE/Original jetways is something possible, but I will take a look.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:29:34 am by AirBorne »

JRBarrett

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2018, 02:01:47 am »
problem solved for me , everything back to normal with GSXL2 after the following steps :

- i changed the Exclude XML file
- Recreate the shader cache and sceneryindexes,
- Check the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager
- restore the default jetways via GSX control panel

but i liked the idea of disable default jetways cuz it adds jetways for all default airports that has not jetways by default , i hope that there is no problem of disable default jetways

I followed each of these steps - testing after each one - and found that the problem of blurry textures *appears* to have been fixed after the final step (restoring the default jetways).

This seems to suggest the problem was with the jetways (and/or their textures) that had replaced the default jetways...

What does this mean in practice? We can't use SODE jetways at airports that didn't previously have SODE?

Chris

This might explain why I developed massive blurring on my 4th flight since installing L2, but not the first three.

The first flight was to ImagineSim KATL, which has native SODE jetways, but not GSX versions.

The second flight was to Sunskyjet KPHL, which has static jetways that were not automatically replaced by GSX SODE versions.

The third flight was to FSDT KCLT, which has very nice moving jetways that can be controlled by GSX, but which are not GSX SODE replacement jetways.

The fourth flight, (where major blurries occurred), was to KDTW, a P3D default airport with CTRL-J jetways, ALL of which were replaced by GSX SODE. Between the McNamara and North terminals, there are probably over 100 individual jetways there.

The only strange part to my mind is that the blurries began when I was a good 20 miles from the airport, well before any detailed rendering of the airport environment (and terminal jetways) would have begun.

I have now disabled the RTT option in the add-on manager. I will try another flight into Detroit tomorrow (Wednesday) to see if it helped the situation.

grandfred29

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2018, 03:35:33 am »
Well, looks like if I depart from an airport that I've changed the jetways using GSX I still get blurries. If I depart from other airport with sode jetways but not the GSX ones, I'm getting no blurries at all. Landing in any airport doesn't give me blurries... The problem seems to be depart from an GSX SODE airport. If I do that, at about 30 min flight I start to get very blurried textures.

i can confirm the same thing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2018, 03:48:19 am »
We just posted a new Live Update now. It has many other fixes, but there's a small change that *might* affect this, considering your reports of the problem being fixed by restoring the default jetways.

The Render To Texture feature (RTT), is used to draw the Jetway numbers so, if you disabled it, you would see a black texture instead of the number. With this version, the entire object is not drawn (the box that contains the number). I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but it's worth trying.

You must disable the default jetways with the GSX Control Panel, for test being meaningful.

Darcy13

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2018, 05:13:19 am »
Just did a test with the update.  I still got the blurries about 30 minutes into flight.  Back to default jetways for now.  Thanks for effort. 

Darcy

peja1591

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2018, 05:21:07 am »
i just tried with the liveupdate and RTT disabled. no autogen loading and blurries still. Back to regular GSX for now...

mertayd1n

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2018, 06:41:54 am »
I tried the live update there is no blur with the default jetway. I see blurries when I created new jetway.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:17:52 am by mertayd1n »

AirBorne

« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2018, 09:14:32 am »
I tried with:
1) No Exclude (deleted all references & traces)
2) RTT disabled
3) Default jetways selected
Departed from KMEM and had the blurries a few minutes later while flying, i.e., it's not solved yet.

I also noticed that KMEM has absolutely no jetways moving this way, no SODE, no CTRL+J, nothing. Is this correct?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2018, 04:15:51 pm »
I tried with:Departed from KMEM and had the blurries a few minutes later while flying, i.e., it's not solved yet.

Nobody ever said this is solved.

Assuming you ran the latest Live Update, the Disable RTT option has been changed only to be sure that nothing of the new things we are doing for this version, which is the Rendering To Texture using DirectX 11, might have some problem, possibly a P3D4 bug because, as far as I know, we are the first with a relased product using this feature.

With the previous version, even disabling RTT still called the object that was supposed to contain the rendered texture, which is the jetway number. Now, the whole object is not even created.

Which seems to confirm two things:

- The problem never was with any of the new things we do in our software, which were the ONLY ones we had some control over it (not entirely, because we still call officially documented functions provided by the simulator), because now when you disable them, there are not even there.

- Since many seem to confirm the problem disappears when reverting to default jetways, since they are totally standard objects with nothing special, other than having fairly large 4K textures, that goes back to square one, which is your system simply reached ITS OWN breaking point, which you were already close before installing GSX, which was just the proverbial "last straw that broke the camel's back".

We'll try to create a 2K or even 1K version of the texture. Maybe the simulator is using memory nevertheless, even you set a texture size lower that 4K so, reducing the size from the option might not be useful, and we *must* resize the texture themselves.

cjhffm

« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2018, 04:29:13 pm »
I tried with:Departed from KMEM and had the blurries a few minutes later while flying, i.e., it's not solved yet.

Nobody ever said this is solved.

Assuming you ran the latest Live Update, the Disable RTT option has been changed only to be sure that nothing of the new things we are doing for this version, which is the Rendering To Texture using DirectX 11, might have some problem, possibly a P3D4 bug because, as far as I know, we are the first with a relased product using this feature.

With the previous version, even disabling RTT still called the object that was supposed to contain the rendered texture, which is the jetway number. Now, the whole object is not even created.

Which seems to confirm two things:

- The problem never was with any of the new things we do in our software, which were the ONLY ones we had some control over it (not entirely, because we still call officially documented functions provided by the simulator), because now when you disable them, there are not even there.

- Since many seem to confirm the problem disappears when reverting to default jetways, since they are totally standard objects with nothing special, other than having fairly large 4K textures, that goes back to square one, which is your system simply reached ITS OWN breaking point, which you were already close before installing GSX, which was just the proverbial "last straw that broke the camel's back".

We'll try to create a 2K or even 1K version of the texture. Maybe the simulator is using memory nevertheless, even you set a texture size lower that 4K so, reducing the size from the option might not be useful, and we *must* resize the texture themselves.

Reducing the texture size of the jetways might indeed be worth a shot Umberto. The problem crops up, as you say, at airports which utilise GSX and the SODE jetways associated with it.

For example, having restored default jetways, disabled RTT, deleted the sceneryindexes_x64 and shaders directories, yesterday I flew from EDDM (Taxi2Gate's version, with SODE) to LSZH (Aerosoft's version, with GSX2 SODE jetways). Departure from Munich was fine, no blurry textures on the way either, but framerates dived on arrival into Zurich and textures loaded slowly. So I can only assume from this that there are indeed problems associated with airports which have got the replacement GSX2 SODE jetways.

Anyhow, I'll try anything :) I'm quite eager (as I'm sure you are too) to get this working properly.

Thanks,
Chris

Artox67

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2018, 04:39:13 pm »
Blurries now gone.

What I've done: Simply uninstalled the whole GSX and AddonManager.

Delete all related files and folder. Clean up the registry and reinstall GSX fresh download from the website.

Flight from LFRS to EDDS with no blurries anymore. So far GSX base is running fine now.

Will test tomorrow with LvL2 and report again.

P.S. as in the other thread, I've still massive FPS droppes using GSX (bording and cargo loading)

dragunov2020

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2018, 04:52:56 pm »
when i restore default jetways in GSX L2 the process of boarding passengers is acting like GSX version one , this means that there is no animated passengers visible via the gateway! , and the gateway is visible by the way , is this means to see animated passengers via the gateway i should disable the default gatways ?!

etops

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2018, 05:14:40 pm »
Couldn't care less about 4k textures.. I'm using a 22'' monitor and even if I pay atention I coudn't notice any difference. To be honest, almost all add-ons out there let you choose the quality of your textures, GSX should had it by default. I hope this solve the issue, as of now I'm saving all my "GSX jetways airports departure" flights when reaching cruise level and closing P3D to load the flight again without blurries.  Even trying to refresh the scenery doesn't work in a long term, the textures goes back to normal but start to get blurries again. its like something is sucking all resourses from my PC. The only way is to shut the P3D down and reload the save scenario.

Terblanche

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2018, 05:37:39 pm »
~°~
After a few days of flying and trying different scenarios, I can concur that the 'blurries' have something to do if you fly from an airport that was edited with GSXv2 ... but even if I don't the main thing now is the disappearance of autogen around airport and from altitude there is simply NO autogen. If you hit [REFRESH SCENERY] it takes up to 8 and more minutes to reload everything while the CPU rocks through the roof. As you come in to land the autogen starts popping up like a popcorn show and by the looks of it in a 10-15nm radius around the aircraft. It doesn't matter what your LEVEL OF RADIUS is in P3D settings, the issue is the same.

All the suggestions have been followed and applied after every flight:
- Recreate shader cache and sceneryindexes
- New add-on.xml installed
- "Disable RTT" applied
- Latest LIVE UPDATE applied
- Only airport of departure and airport of destination enabled

The conclusion: My FPS (i.e performance) are rock solid and no dip in FPS because of GSXv2; when I fly from an airports that I've edited then the blurries are back regardless, notwithstanding, in spite of above mentioned suggestions (proposed fixes); the lost of autogen suggests that something in the background is taking up a lot of CPU power and therefore P3D quits releasing breathing space for autogen except when you fly low and slow then the popups appear.

With all the experience and knowledge I have with FSX/P3D I'm not pointing fingers at GSX, I'm just trying to 'understand' and to make a meaningful contribution to solve this and to be able to fly effortlessly without have to fiddle and change setups all the time.
Hopefully the holy grail, or silver bullet will be found soon that is causing this anomaly.

Until then, you'll find me in GA hanger doing low & slow from small airfields.

Terblanche Jordaan