Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 142578 times)

Artox67

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:43 pm »
Delete shader, delete the scenery files and use the add-on.xml provided.

Still blurries.

Blue1

« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2018, 01:16:23 pm »
Tested it's better but after 40 minutes blurries are here maybe less worse in the beginning than without these modification but there are here and start getting worse and worse after 54 minutes I stopped.

Just if someone want to test my flight it is LSGG-EIDW and blurries start after the aera of Paris I notice the airport of LFPG taking a lot of time to load from above I mean I see black runways and buildings like something block the load.

A clue here if your flight don't fly in a heavy aera in cruize or too short flights maybe there is no blurries until your destination so it's why some people have not this problem.

Ok now I go back to GSX without L2 til next suggestion.

Regards,

Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2018, 01:32:45 pm »
Tested it's better but after 40 minutes blurries are here maybe less worse in the beginning than without these modification but there are here and start getting worse and worse after 54 minutes I stopped.

Well, you saw some difference. How it was before ?

Just if someone want to test my flight it is LSGG-EIDW and blurries start after the aera of Paris I notice the airport of LFPG taking a lot of time to load from above I mean I see black runways and buildings like something block the load.

Do you use a custom AffinityMask ?

A clue here if your flight don't fly in a heavy aera in cruize or too short flights maybe there is no blurries until your destination so it's why some people have not this problem.

I already posted a 2 hours-long video from another user, flying from FSDT KSDF to Flightbeam KMSP, and the airport was perfectly fine on arrival.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »
Delete shader, delete the scenery files and use the add-on.xml provided.

Still blurries.

I my previous post, I said to ALSO try to check the "Disable_RTT" option in the Addon Manager, restart the sim, and report back if there's any difference.

Blue1

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2018, 02:00:45 pm »
Well, you saw some difference. How it was before ?

I mean blurries were less at the beginning but in the end it's the same.

Do you use a custom AffinityMask ?

No default no tweak.

I already posted a 2 hours-long video from another user, flying from FSDT KSDF to Flightbeam KMSP, and the airport was perfectly fine on arrival.

Ok but the world is big and you were maybe in a place where GsxL2 works without this issue. Try default airport.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:15:04 pm by virtuali »

Papacoach

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2018, 02:16:54 pm »
Spent most of yesterday restarting/rebooting...lol Here is what I have tried individually and in various combinations with no change:
-p3d rebuild generated core files
-uninstall/reinstall GSX
-disable RTT
-del shaders and scene Indexes
-1024, 2048, 4096 in sim textures, which had no impact on timing or severity of blurries
-reset couatl on departure
-0% ai, 100% ai, various autogen draw distance/density settings
-affinity/no affinity in cfg

Sys resources stayed mostly consistent in all scenarios. GTX1080 45-65% load, 3-6Gb mem. cpu temps stayed in the 60-65c range, load never exceeded 90% on any core; devil's canyon. Process explorer working set 3-6Gb, virtual size 10Gb, system memory hovered at 50% physical usage.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2018, 02:20:35 pm »
Ok but the world is big and you were maybe in a place where GsxL2 works without this issue. Try default airport.

- I posted a video with no problems on a default airport on a default airplane, someone said "nobody flies like that, try an addon airplane on a big airport"

- I posted a video with no problems on JFK with the PMDG 747, someone said "try after a long flight"

- I posted a video of a long flight showing no problems, now the airports are not the right ones ?

Are you trying to suggest I'm supposed to try hours-long flight with EVERY airport, until I find the right one ??? Sorry, but this is impossible.

Do you have lots sceneries in your Scenery Library ? One test might be trying with everything disabled, and see if this depends by the number of sceneries installed. I know for sure P3D4 has a limit on the maximum number of textures (their size is not relevant) it can handle.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2018, 02:22:10 pm »
Spent most of yesterday restarting/rebooting...lol Here is what I have tried individually and in various combinations with no change

You haven't said if you tried with my alternative add-on.xml for the Fsdreamteam Exclude area, or if you tried by disabling it altogether.

Artox67

« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2018, 02:27:14 pm »
@Umberto

I disabled the Addon manager and also the excluding file from Program Data/Lockhead Martin/Prepare3D v4 add-on.cfg

Same Airport as before  LTFJ and absolutely no FPS drop.

Without the Addon manager I'm at the same stage as before your update.

Blue1

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2018, 02:27:57 pm »
I don't blame you...For me it doesn't work after trying all you told us so like I said I go back to GSX without L2 for now and maybe someone find something. I bought L2 but I assume.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 02:31:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2018, 02:32:42 pm »
Same Airport as before  LTFJ and absolutely no FPS drop.

You must have confuse this with the other thread you already posted about your specific high fps drop, to which I already replied. Please stay in that thread, this one is about BLURRIES only.

FlyHardiQ

« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2018, 02:33:54 pm »
same here massive blurries and optimum settings what should i "fix" now gsx? tell me, and also the procedure for a re fund as well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2018, 02:35:06 pm »
The whole thread is full of suggestions to try. Please read my posts.

Papacoach

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2018, 02:36:34 pm »
You haven't said if you tried with my alternative add-on.xml for the Fsdreamteam Exclude area, or if you tried by disabling it altogether.

Sorry, yes replaced the xml file.

If by disable you mean GSX itself, yes. When it was off the system I departed kmem and never lost textures. Is that what you are asking?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2018, 02:41:46 pm »
If by disable you mean GSX itself, yes. When it was off the system I departed kmem and never lost textures. Is that what you are asking?

We are trying to FIX this problem and have GSX working with no blurries so, disabling is totally useless for the time being.

So, try all the many things I and others have suggested:

- The new add-on.xml and/or disabling ONLY the Fsdreamteam Exclude area

- Recreate your shader cache and sceneryindexes, which at least two user reported this fixed it for them

- Check the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager and restart the sim (the option doesn't work without a restart)

AFTER you tried all of these, if you don't see ANY difference, we'll proceed with the next steps.