Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 143161 times)

woozie

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:08 pm »
Win10 / P3Dv4.3 / GSX Level 2 / FSL A319

I have exactly the same issue, did LSZH-LEAM yesterday, about 1 hour into the flight i hear my AP disconnecting. FPS dropped down to single digits, my plane starts to behave like a drunken parrot and the scenery suddenly became blurry. The FPS issues went away eventually, but the blurries remained. Those werent the "standard blurries" that happen when P3D cant catch up with texture loading, as those blurries disappear after a while when pausing the sim. In this case the blurries remained and never got replaced by sharp textures. I had to restart my sim to get rid of the issue.

My system can handle P3D very well and i havent seen any blurries since its 64bit, and apart from buying and installing GSX L2, i didnt change anything on my sim recently.

Darcy13

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »
Well I tried with the PMDG 737 and still get the issues so not just a FSL issue. 

cjhffm

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:07 pm »
Yes sounds like my issue. That's exactly what I was thinking: it's not the normal blurriness that can occur when there's a lag in loading textures (although I never had this before installing GSX2). Even when pausing the sim, they don't load. There is definitely something fishy going on.

The common denominator here is GSX2 (or something the Live Update loads into the system).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:49:24 am by virtuali »

peja1591

« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:23 pm »
EXACTLY! of course its GSX 2.... smh its nothing else on my sim,  when i uninstall it, the sim is back to normal so how are they going to sit here and say its not GSX...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:49:08 am by virtuali »

747Drax

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2018, 10:37:01 pm »
Hating to have to pile on here... I have powerful rig built for me by Jetline Systems to run Ifly 737 Cockpit Builders addition in P3d4.3 Have been getting superb performance out of this rig until I installed GSX 2. Massive blurries. Happened to me last night flying from KSDF to KDCA. Noticed the ground was washed out about half way thru flight. Arrived in DC to find a blacked outlined KDCA and washed out terrain. Tried the methods, mentioned by a couple other simmers, to fix, but no luck for me.
I installed a complete backed up copy of my computer system, to get rid of any GSX 2 and things for me are running normal again.

I hope this mystery is solved sooner rather than later.

Robert

cjhffm

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2018, 10:41:49 pm »
Again, that is exactly what I have experienced.
I am sure the developer is trying to work out what the problem is. I guess we will have to be patient. It's frustrating, but it isn't the first time us flight simmers have had problems with add-ons I guess.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:49:34 am by virtuali »

Darcy13

« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2018, 11:08:46 pm »
Can now confirm.  I can fly with no blurries and cpu does not max out after deleting GSX 2.  I would at least like to have the orginal GSX back so I can that working until someone comes up with a fix for this.  Anyone know where I can get the GSX version prior to 2.5.0.5?  I miss it already.

Thanks,

mertayd1n

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2018, 11:17:50 pm »
I have the same problem...

CzarWilkins

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:48 pm »
Today is a new day, so i will try and see whats going on :)

etops

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2018, 12:06:38 am »
Tried to delete the shaders, tried the sceneries indexes.. Still get blurries at about 30 minutes in flight! I'm using FSL A320, now I'll try with another plane ans see what happens.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2018, 12:21:25 am »
You do not need to uninstall or delete GSXL2.

Go into the add-on manager, highlight GSX Level 2, and then hit deactivate. This will put you back to using plain old GSX.

After I did this, I was able to fly that flight just fine. No blurries. Full "original" GSX functionality.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

Darcy13

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2018, 12:26:02 am »
You do not need to uninstall or delete GSXL2.

Go into the add-on manager, highlight GSX Level 2, and then hit deactivate. This will put you back to using plain old GSX.

After I did this, I was able to fly that flight just fine. No blurries. Full "original" GSX functionality.

Will give this a try.  reinstalling now  :)

JRBarrett

Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2018, 12:38:02 am »
Sorry to say that I too just had this problem. I flew a flight earlier today to FSDT KCLT with no issues - there was heavy cloud cover the entire way, so I’m not sure if things went bad in terms of ground depiction or not, but when I broke out of the overcast on approach, the terrain and airport was fine. On that flight, I used full GSX services at departure and arrival.

However, I just flew a flight from KELM to KDTW and experienced exactly what everyone else has been describing. The only GSX service I used for this flight was pushback.

Here’s the thing: I have been a tester for the Aerosoft CRJ for quite some time, and I have flown this exact flight at LEAST 150 times over the past year while testing that aircraft.

It is my standard test scenario for any new aircraft I fly because it takes less than one hour to accomplish, and I know from experience it does not present a heavy graphics load that might skew test results. Much of the route is over water, traversing Lake Erie.

i know this flight like the back of my hand, and am very familiar with exactly how my system responds using a variety of complex add-on aircraft.

I have flown this same flight with default clear weather, and with r/w Active Sky weather ranging from fair skies to heavy storms. In all that time, I have never had any issue with graphics or frame rates.

I flew this exact flight 3 times last week with the MaddogX with no problems, prior to installing L2.

I have always had “original” GSX on this computer - using it mainly for the pushback function.

Today I flew the same flight plan as always: KELM HERBA YQO.SPICA2, FL 280, with a planned landing on runway 21L. No weather injection - just default clear skies.

During descent, I began to notice the terrain textures becoming increasingly blurry. By the time I crossed Lake St. Clair descending below 10,000 feet, the terrain tiles on both sides of the lake and the city of Detroit were just featureless green haze. I could see the (default) KDTW airport at about 11 o’clock, and it was a black square.

I have a liquid CPU cooling system, and heard the heat exchanger fans kick into high speed (which is unusual), and noted that all 4 cores were showing between 80 and 85C on my taskbar  CPU temperature display.

In the 2 years I have owned this computer, I have NEVER had CPU temps that high! Not one single time. The warmest I have ever seen before was about 65C while flying the FSL A319 on an approach into Aerosoft EGLL, and that was on a hot day in July when the temperature in my computer room was about 30C.

I assume that all 4 cores were saturated at close to 100 percent load, though I did not check.

On final approach, the airport remained a black square, with only the runway VASI lights visible. At about 300 feet AGL, the airport graphics finally loaded, piece by piece -enough to land successfully.

As I taxied in to gate A61 at the terminal, the surrounding terrain resolution got better and better, and my CPU temps started to decrease back to a more normal range, but they were still on the warm side.

I have a well-optimized system, with 16GB system RAM, and a GT 1080 Ti GPU with 11GB VRAM. Running P3D 4.3 on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

I have added nothing new to this system recently. I run with antivirus disabled when flying. As a Windows 10 Pro user, I have disabled mandatory Windows updates.

I have ORBX Global Textures, NA Landclass and Vector, just as I have had with every flight I have made over the past year. I own multiple high-end airports by FSDT, PacSim, Fly Tampa and Flightbeam.

I have had no performance problems or graphics issues whatsoever, running the Aerosoft CRJ, Leonardo MaddogX, PMDG 737/747/777 and  FSL A319 and A320. I almost always run with Active Sky weather, and typically fly 5 or 6 times per week.

The strange thing is that I have flown three previous flights (to KATL, KPHL and KCLT) since installing L2 with no issues, but things truly “went to hell” on this last flight, (between two default airports) with no weather injection — and the symptoms mirror exactly what multiple other users are reporting.

By the way, it has long been my practice to run the FSDT Updater, and to clear the scenery index folder before loading P3D to begin a flight, and I did so today before this latest one that went wrong.

I will clear the shader cache as well before my next flight.

Darcy13

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2018, 12:46:39 am »
Okay wierd, I reinstall and deactivated but going to CYEG I still get the SODE jetways and it is acting like I have the full version even though I deactivated GSX 2?  Went to CYQR and still noticed the gate numbers and different jetways there as well.  It says trial version but it is not supposed to work at these airports.  I have not flown yet to see if I get the blurries but just wanted to note this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:50:07 am by virtuali »

grandfred29

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2018, 12:46:49 am »
Did another flight like yesterday lyon to paris with the new a321 aerosoft pro, same problem with blurry texture, yesterday it was the fsl a320. I had this problem the fps were at 60-100, i set in p3d fps to 60 instead unlimited. No difference.