Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 143183 times)

Darcy13

Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2018, 05:45:55 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to uninstall GSX, try some of the solutions, test and reinstall. Do I uninstall GSX through the control panel or is there another method?

Also, should I uninstall the addon manager and if so, what is the process for that? FYI, I do have most of the FSDT airports and I don't really want to uninstall those. I just want to clean out GSX and reinstall it.

Thanks!

Me too.  Steps please.  Need to delete  latest v2 and go back to working copy of GSX, so I can fly again.  

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2018, 06:00:02 pm »
Just for information I notice an error call: bglmanx64.dll when blurries occurs and I stop the flight and exit p3v4.

Does the simulator continue to work, if you don't close it ?

Blue1

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2018, 06:06:50 pm »
Yes, I don't receive this error inside P3D but when I check in windows event log after I stop the flight and exit P3D:

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 4.3.29.25520, horodatage : 0x5b2c3263
Nom du module défaillant : bglmanx64.dll_unloaded, version : 4.5.0.6, horodatage : 0x5b8ebdee
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000002d9f0
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1ec8
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d44912392d8bc2
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: bglmanx64.dll
ID de rapport : 6309f535-ab90-48f3-9860-a7fbf0ec183c
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Each time I get these blurries I get this error in windows log.

Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2018, 06:08:23 pm »
Yes, I don't receive this error inside P3D but when I check in windows event log after I stop the flight and exit P3D

Do you use Windows 7 perhaps ? If yes, try to check the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager. You'll lose the Jetway numbers, but it might work better.

Blue1

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:29 pm »
No windows last update : Windows 10 pro, version 1803

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2018, 06:12:50 pm »
Try it anyway. We know there's something in Windows 7 DirectX that caused a crash on exit (only) but, perhaps it might happen in Windows 10, depending on driver settings. That option was added a while ago to side step this.

duckbilled

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2018, 06:21:21 pm »
Hi,

Just for information I notice an error call: bglmanx64.dll when blurries occurs and I stop the flight and exit p3v4.
Maybe a clue.

Christian

Thanks. Which cfg file?

Blue1

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2018, 06:23:02 pm »
OK I will try again the flight with this option on and L2 and give you feedback.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2018, 06:32:01 pm »
Folks, it have nothing to do with GSX2, I got blurries before I have purchase GSX2. Something else is triggering this  :-\ but what??
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

JRBarrett

Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2018, 07:10:02 pm »
Yes, I don't receive this error inside P3D but when I check in windows event log after I stop the flight and exit P3D

Do you use Windows 7 perhaps ? If yes, try to check the "Disable RTT" option in the Addon Manager. You'll lose the Jetway numbers, but it might work better.
I often (but not always) get the silent bglmanx unloaded crash on exit, which only shows up in the event viewer. This predates GSX L2. It is most likely to happen if I have departed or landed at an FSDT airport, or have used GSX services at a non-FSDT airport at some point during a flight.

I can see it happen in real time if I monitor the shutdown of P3D and its child processes using MS Process explorer. Ordinarily I see couatl and SODE running under P3D.exe, along with the Active Sky sounds process.

On a normal shutdown, after exiting P3D, the main P3D desktop window disappears first, but its icon on the taskbar remains highlighted for a few seconds. Then both couatl and SODE shutdown at the same time, and the P3D taskbar icon becomes inactive at the same moment. The P3D process keeps running for about 10 to 15 seconds, then shuts down. The Active Sky process is always the last to end, and only after P3D has terminated.

The scenario when I have the bglmanx error is similar, except when P3D.exe terminates, there will be a WER Fault attached to the process as it exits, and I know that if I go to the event viewer later, I will see the bglmanx unloaded error with a C000005 fault.

I will definitely try disabling the RTT option on my next flight to see if it makes a difference. I had the bglmanx unloaded silent crash in Win 7, and still have it since upgrading to Win 10 Pro 1803

As far as “blurries”, I have seen none so far. I just completed a flight from KELM to FSDT KCLT with intense Active Sky cloud cover (in multiple layers) throughout the flight, and a low 500 foot ceiling on the ILS 36R approach at CLT. When I finally broke out of the overcast, the airport and surrounding terrain were fully rendered. I did have a few stutters in the last segment of the approach, but that is typical in my installation  if I use the the HD landing lights on the CRJ with heavy cloud conditions near the ground.

I used full GSX services before departure as well.

cjhffm

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »
Folks, it have nothing to do with GSX2, I got blurries before I have purchase GSX2. Something else is triggering this  :-\ but what??

I'm afraid I can't agree in my case. The blurries (and complete lack of loading of entire scenery areas, such as Orbx Germany South) started immediately after I installed GSX2.

Someone in a Facebook group mentioned that it only happened to him using the FSL bus. When using other aircraft,  he said the blurries didn't appear. I haven't got round to testing with another a/c yet but if that's the case, it's perhaps some kind of incompatibility with the FSL Airbus.

This is certainly a mysterious case...

cjhffm

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2018, 07:37:30 pm »
Yup same here, and we keep getting told “its not gsx” ..... if i start a flight and dont use GSX everything is fine, as soon as i start using anything from GSX, jetways, pushback etc, scenery goes blurry and no autogen loads anymore after i leave the airport area... i have an I7 7700K @4.6 ghz with GTX 1080 and i was using a default airport...

My issue is most notable after departure, cruise flight and then ground textures get blurry (not clouds though), but CPU pegs at 100% for the Prepar3d.exe process on all cores it is using.  Can't say I've ever seen that before. So, that may be the problem and the symptom is the blurry textures. Once on the ground again, within about 5 minutes textures display again albeit rendering very slowly.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

This PRECISELY describes my issue.

Blue1

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2018, 07:44:11 pm »
Try it anyway. We know there's something in Windows 7 DirectX that caused a crash on exit (only) but, perhaps it might happen in Windows 10, depending on driver settings. That option was added a while ago to side step this.

Feedback: option RTT is ON but I have the same problem - blurries after 40 minutes getting worse and worse so I stop the simulator and the error bglmanx64.dll is here again in the windows event log.

Christian

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2018, 08:05:14 pm »
I ran the stand alone add on manager and was able to start FSX. GSX was not shown in the menu, couatl was still present.

You mean you Uninstalled GSX and reinstalled only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

The flight completed as usual no texture or performance abnormalities whatsoever.

That at least confirm it's NOT the software modules that cause the problem because, when you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, both the Addon Manager and Couatl are loaded and in memory.

When I uninstalled GSXL2, I saw a message stating that all other products that used it would not function or something like that, so I chose the option to leave the addon manager installed. When I tried to run FSX, I got an error saying that there was something wrong with the addon manager and to run live update, which I did. FSX would then start. I agree that this means the SW modules are fine. They did not interfere with the flight.

Attached images: 20180909174832_1.jpg - mid flight GSXL2 not installed
                        20180909180916_1.jpg - KBOS 4L approach GSXL2 not installed

20180910130746_1.jpg - mid flight GSXL2 installed - NOTE: I snapped this one as the problem started. Note the clear line in the scenery when the blurries first start.
                        20180910132949_1.jpg - KBOS 4L approach GSXL2 installed

GSX should not be consuming many resources when I am in the air, but it appears as though it might be doing something at the airports I am flying by.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:13:47 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

windshear

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2018, 08:27:11 pm »
I concur, GSX Messed up something. It only occurs once on approach into an area around 25000 ft or so. Had my sim crash into Sydney and now also into HKG on the return leg...

Umberto, your stubborn animosity to our issues is a really bad response to an issue several customers are experiencing, I had none of these issues before and I think its related to the XML thing your GSX creates.
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark