Author Topic: Massive blurries after updating GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 142735 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Massive blurries after updating GSX
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2018, 01:16:22 am »
when I click "restart couatl", it disappears from the add-ons menu and a blank dialogue box appears with no text. In other words, it doesn't restart. After that, I can't use SODE anymore either.

We DID had a restart problem upon release, but it's fixed now. Are you sure you are running the latest Live Update ?

the problem with textures disappearing and/or loading extremely slowly seems to be MUCH worse at dusk or at night - in other words, whenever lighting is involved.

The only thing in GSX that uses DL are the ground vehicles headlights, which are turned off when then don't move, to save even up to the last resource. The vehicles are of course fully destroyed when you fly away from the airport.

By the way, my problems all happen when using the FSL Airbus (so far, I've only been using this plane with GSX L2).

Have you tried another airplane ?

grandfred29

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 01:20:50 am »
As english is not my first language i ll try to explain what the différence between my 2 flights
From paris to lyon, no problem at all. Made a stop at lyon 1h without stopping p3d, i use jennasoft lfllX and i replace all their jetways by gsxl2, a long work but the result is very nice.
So before start i request pushback , in the mean time i realise i forgot to remove jetway, in the gsx menu i can t ask it because the process of the push is started.so i request abort push, addon manager crash, ask me if i want to restart coualt ...yes and request push. All went good until i pass fl100, i had a long frame time were p3d don t answer, and after 30 min of flight cpu go to 100% all the ground became blurry until approach lfpg 26L, i stop p3d because it was not possible to land due to blurry airport.
I use the exact same setting since a long time, i don t like play with that. I wish i can help you and you can help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2018, 01:25:16 am »
That's funny, I did at least 5 flights using GSX2 whitout any problems with blurries, but today I'm also getting this problem..

GSX hasn't changed in the meantime. Well, we just added a new small stair for the Dash-8, but that's it.

The only thing that's changed today was that this time I've departed from a airport that I changed about 15 jetways and land on an airport that GSX changed the default jetways. On yesterday flights I used airports with default SODE or without jetways.

This might well be an issue. If the combination of your scenery+airport+airplane+jetway+your settings, has exceeded the capabilities of your card (either memory or shaders, etc.), it might be possible the end result is blurries.

But it's not "GSX fault". You added GSX now, so you might think GSX is the "cause" but, it would probably happen just the same if you had GSX with a default airplane, then bought a memory-hungry airplane and got blurries.

Is the airplane "fault", only because it's the last thing you installed ? Obviously not, it's the *combination* of everything.

Also, my FSL A320 is not working properly with GSX2. I start my flights on GPU and Air, as soon as I operate the jetway the GSX2 unplug my GPU and Air and leave me in the dark.. Very annoing! And It also doen't let me usig external air and AC anymore when the Jetway is connected.

This is a bug that FS Labs has confirmed is in the part of their code that interacts with GSX and they will fix it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2018, 01:26:57 am »
How do you get gsx to load cargo and the passengers at the same time? I want to turn this on as well.

That's how GSX always worked since it has been release. There's nothing special to do. Boarding/Deboarding is a single process, which loads Cargo and Passenger at the same time.

stewart

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2018, 01:34:39 am »
How do you get gsx to load cargo and the passengers at the same time? I want to turn this on as well.

That's how GSX always worked since it has been release. There's nothing special to do. Boarding/Deboarding is a single process, which loads Cargo and Passenger at the same time.

OO ok Its just that when the plane is boarding it loads passengers first (cargo truck sitting on other side of plane but takes off somewhere in the airport) then when passenger loading is finished the cargo tuck comes back and load the cargo on after that. Was think you could load the cargo and the people at the same time (or maybe the cargo truck is not ment to take off and leave the plane site and needs configured). Using q400 at nzns airport
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:39:08 am by stewart »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2018, 01:39:12 am »
OO ok Its just that when the plane is boarding it loads passengers first (cargo sitting on other side of plane but takes off somewhere in the airport) then when that is finished the cargo tuck comes back and load the cargo on after that. Was think you could load the cargo and the people at the same time.

As I've said, the cargo IS loaded together with passengers.

But in boarding, the carts are coming from far away and if the airport is not well designed and doesn't have vehicle parking spots close to the terminals or (even worse) lacks vehicle paths, the carts that are arriving might take longer than the passenger take to board, giving you the impression it's a sequential process, when it's not.

But now that we have passengers, which will usually take longer than the old simulated process, it less likely the cargo carts will arrive when boarding is already finished, so they will appear as running together.

stewart

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:55 am »
Arr ok ill do some goggling and see how to edit the path's at the airport.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:44:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2018, 01:43:43 am »
About blurries, I know it's a long shot but, could you please try this:

- Go to this place

"Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Fsdreamteam Exclude"

And replace the add-on.xml there, with the one attached.

This file assume you installed GSX into the default folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. If not, please edit the <Path> line in this xml to show the correct path of our installation.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:45:43 am by virtuali »

Terblanche

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2018, 01:43:59 am »
 ???

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I've just done a flight from EHAM (FlyTampa) to EGCC (UK2000) and had no blurries.

What I've done is the following:
1. Delete all files in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64\ and let P3D write new ones
2. Delete shaders in \AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\ and let P3D write new ones

My rig:
i7 7700 @4.2 with 32GB DDR4 and GTX1080Ti on Win10x64 and a 4K monitor
P3D4.3 with EZDOK, ASP4, ProATC, AivlaSoft EFBv2 and almost everything from ORBX
Reshade and TomatoShade+Reflections

The following tweaks are in prepar3d.cfg
[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
TextureMaxLoad=6
[SCENERY]
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1
[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.11
[TERRAIN]
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9

Forget the tweaks, and just try the first two suggestions and post your findings.
Maybe it helps for someone. Will fly again tomorrow and see what temperamental PeeThreeDee is coming up with because you never know.

Good luck
Terblanche
Terblanche Jordaan

pilotskcx

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2018, 01:50:52 am »
All I did was delete that folder SceneryIndexes_X64   and that did the trick.  Everything else is not relevant.  I wonder if that had something to do with the exclude file?

Darcy13

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 02:26:19 am »
I deleted scenery 64 folder and still get blurries.

jsbryner

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 03:26:33 am »
I don't want to put my oar in where it is not wanted but:
I don't think Umberto is being given everything he needs. Everyone is mentioning CPU speed/capacity and GPU percentages but haven't mentioned their base Memory capacity and speed and usage (or often which version of FSX or P3d) they are using. (along with the complex scenery package they are using along the way).
I notice that the videos provided, show Memory usage at the airport of 11 Gb.
Some questions, observations:
 Some people with issues may not have that much base memory? Does FSX handle that much memory? Is it a greater usage amount at an airport with GSX installed than GSX2? Once airborne, does more of GSX2 remain in memory leaving less space for developing scenery? If there then is a shortage of memory and does the CPU and GPU speed up to transfer scenery in and out?
Personally, when I start noticing the scenery development is not catching up, (If I have been X2 speeding up or flying high speed, low, over a nice scenery package) I just pause the P3D v4.3 and watch. Everything catches up in about 15 seconds and I am on my way again. I recognise it is a limit of the combined system I have. My memory chips are DDR3 at 2200 so I assume it is they that are my limiting factor.
My 2 cents worth. Not meaning to create offence.
Aussie

Windows 10 Pro, Prepar3D V 4.3
ASUS X99-DELUXE II; Intel i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 32GB Corsair DDR4-2133 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 2X LG Ultra HD (GSM5B09) 27" 4K Monitors

I still experience the problem.

CzarWilkins

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 03:41:41 am »
Confirmed, same problem here with all my 8 cores to max

CzarWilkins

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2018, 03:46:29 am »
Like allways, like a just released product, there must be a bug around.  I managed to get the 2 jetways that im installed in my Heavy Gate at my base Airport.  Very eyecandy!!!  Loved, but all cores went to 100%.

CzarWilkins

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2018, 03:52:18 am »
Like allways, like a just released product, there must be a bug around.  I managed to get the 2 jetways that im installed in my Heavy Gate at my base Airport.  Very eyecandy!!!  Loved, but all cores went to 100%.

I did restarted Quatle and is fine now.  Indeed is a bug, just a bit of revision still needed.  Remember that every system is different even with same hardware.  I have to for now, I will be following the thread, since when i fly i 95% of time i will use GSX while preparing the FMC and stuff ;)