Author Topic: couatl engine hasn't started **SOLVED**  (Read 4264 times)

BlueEagle247

couatl engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« on: September 08, 2018, 09:19:20 am »
hello everyone,

I did not have any problems until yesterday. I accidently pressed on disable COUATL from the ADDON MENU ingame and boom now every time I start the game I get this message?(ATTACHED PICTURE)
I tried all the guides reinstalled with AV off and let me add this I also put the whole Folder into exceptions for AV and installed and followed every tutorial given by this site.
I have tons of scenery on my flightsim I cannot afford to uninstall it and then installing it again.
Any idea guys? Maybe I am missing something. I appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:55:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl engine hasn't started
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 10:48:50 am »
This problem happened for a few moments yesterday, because we had a missing file on the Live Update server, but it's now fixed. If you still have it now, even after running the Live Update, then the error message is right, and the problem is your antivirus.

Of course, the antivirus is only the most common problem. There might be other causes for this, less common, such as missing VC++ libraries. The "Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread should give some suggestions how to fix this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

The full GSX installer DOES install the VC++ libraries but, in some cases, you might have to RESTART WINDOWS after installing GSX, in order for the VC++ libraries installation to be complete.

BlueEagle247

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »
Hello Umberto, unfortunately not working somehow it is not starting...Can I ask you a favor where do I find the XML file? can you send me an example of the XML file information maybe? please?
I have a feeling the entry is missing..... just really frustrating no fun without the amazing new gate functions etc... :P

BlueEagle247

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 02:59:48 pm »
Dear Umberto  I got it working. tried for hours and fixed it.

Thank you again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 04:55:05 pm »

What was it ?

r22s7

Re: couatl engine hasn't started **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 03:38:10 pm »

Thank you again

I am having this problem myself. How did you fix it?