Author Topic: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2  (Read 12230 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Autogen loading problem GSX level 2
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 06:51:57 pm »
I'd really like to buy Level 2, but I won't even consider it until my problem is solved without it.

We cannot even start to think *how* to solve a problem that we cannot replicate in any way.

I'm quite sure of what will happen:

- You'll realize sooner or later your system had a problem, likely caused by other software, even non flightsim-related.

- You'll reformat your PC, which will run so much better and faster

- You'll reinstall the sim from scratch, and you'll finally be convinced the problem never had anything to do with our software to begin with

You might not do it today, but sooner or later you will, I'm sure of it. A system that requires 10 minutes to load an FSDT scenery that here takes a couple of seconds, has serious issues that should be attended to.

somiller

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 09:54:52 pm »
And back at you...

I can assure you it will be a cold day in hell when I reformat my pc to make YOUR software work, especially considering all of the other software I have from lesser vendors (you know, like Fly Tampa, Flightbeam, DD, and a whole host of aircraft and utility developers) works just fine. When added to the fact that all was good until I updated what WAS a perfectly working product...eh, think I'll just uninstall your stuff and live happily ever after.

And I'll let you practice your superior skills of diplomacy, and product support on other suckers.

Kind Regards

p.s. thanks for your offer to actually help in some way meaningful
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:57:06 pm by somiller »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 09:57:17 pm »
I can assure you it will be a cold day in hell when I reformat my pc to make YOUR software work

You will, to make YOUR software work. What is not working is your simulator. But as I've said, you will do it, but I doubt you'll come here and saying "you were right".

somiller

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 11:35:36 pm »
I will certainly admit I was wrong about one thing: apparently it wasn't the updated GSX that caused my problem with loading of consecutive FSDT airports, I have the same symptom after restoring from a system image made the day prior to running the new GSX updater.
After loading P3D Eglin (default scenario airport) and then load FSDT airports, the 2nd one I try to load takes about 10 min. - same if I keep trying additional FSDT airports.

Yet I consecutively loaded P3D Eglin (default scenario airport), FB KBOS, Orbx KEGE, FT KTPA, Orbx KPSO, FB KSFO, DD KSEA, UK2000 EGLL, and none of them took longer than 30 sec. to load.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:35:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 08:37:57 am »
I will certainly admit I was wrong about one thing: apparently it wasn't the updated GSX that caused my problem with loading of consecutive FSDT airports, I have the same symptom after restoring from a system image made the day prior to running the new GSX updater.

That's already meaningful result. At least, you now know your problem doesn't have anything to do with some supposed "changes" in GSX Level 2 (of course I was quite sure of this), and it was already there in your previous install.

Nobody so far as ever reported 10 minutes to switch from an FSDT airport to another one. Not once, since FSDT exists...