Author Topic: P3Dv4.4 PBR  (Read 4372 times)

rjlfry

P3Dv4.4 PBR
« on: September 01, 2018, 11:52:34 pm »
FS Elite have posted that PBR will be coming to P3Dv4.4 Q4 18 will this have any affect on scenery addons, and compatibility.

Ray Fry.

DreamSkywards

Re: P3Dv4.4 PBR
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:19:58 am »
FSDT and other devs. are kept informed by LM, no? I remember Umberto saying something along those lines.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 12:29:49 am »
Yes, we have always been informed very well in advance of every P3D release, since 1.0. Which also means, we cannot discuss it in public...but the last time P3D had a major release (from 3 to 4, going from 32 bit to 64 bit, a huge change), we had ALL our products updated the day of release.

DreamSkywards

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 12:43:27 am »
but the last time P3D had a major release (from 3 to 4, going from 32 bit to 64 bit, a huge change), we had ALL our products updated the day of release.

That's where my memory stems from, yep.

StarBlue

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 08:14:18 pm »
Lockheed, from working with them in my job, has super strict NDAs (Non Disclosure Agreement) they heavily enforce.  Even admitting a program is active is a sure fire way to 1) get removed permanently, 2) blackballed from all of the other dev's help, 3) possibly sued by rooms full of high paid lawyers.  So I was in complete shock when FS Elite even mentioned this tidbit of news as they risk being blackballed from P3D news in the future.  I completely understand why FSDT wants to keep corporate communications with LM hushed and don't discuss.  I appreciate that FSDT on launch day had sceneries ready for download that updated them to the new standard!  There is another well known dev that STILL to this day, don't have proper installers for 4.x. (They do for some but the vast majority of them are v3 installers that have patches to get them to v4)

Jhan
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:29:30 pm »
So I was in complete shock when FS Elite even mentioned this tidbit of news as they risk being blackballed from P3D news in the future.

In the same article, they also boast about them being "the first to inform that version 4 would indeed be 64-bit.".