Author Topic: No airports working at all  (Read 1358 times)

CapnTibbs

No airports working at all
« on: August 04, 2018, 12:44:32 pm »
Hello,

I had an issue outside of FSX that required me making a new computer profile and when I did, everything ported over as it should have, however wherever I went, GSX gave me the error message "No valid AFCAD data found at this airport" regardless of where I went. I tried some troubleshooting, including deleting and reinstalling GSX, to no avail. It seems to me that there is no database of airports for GSX, which is INCREDIBLY infuriating. Eventually I just gave up, waiting for GSX Level 2 to be released as I'm planning to make the jump to P3D as soon as I'm able to.

I've got no idea what's causing this so I'm turning to you guys for advice and hopefully, a solution.

Cheers guys,
Blake

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No airports working at all
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:10:24 pm »
I tried some troubleshooting, including deleting and reinstalling GSX, to no avail.

This, alone, should be enough evidence that your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. When the problem is not GSX, reinstalling it won't obviously change anything.

A common reason why the airport library cannot be found, is a messed up registry with your FSX installation. You said you created a new user profile for problems unrelated to FSX.

Unfortunately, creating a new user profile would mean ALL your user registry keys, for ALL your applications are now missing and must be recreated. Which means you'll likely have to reinstall all apps under the new user profile, so their installers can reinstate all the registry keys which you had in your old profile.

FSX is surely one of such products that DOES have important keys in the user registry, which means you MUST reinstall it.

Once the FSX installer will restore the missing registry keys in your new user profile, all your FSX addons will start working again properly, including GSX.