Author Topic: GSX Menu not opening with Ctrl f12 **SOLVED**  (Read 13360 times)

darenf

GSX Menu not opening with Ctrl f12 **SOLVED**
« on: July 22, 2018, 05:04:50 pm »
HI
   Hi updated GSX today with the version on the website into P3D V4.3

The popup window will not started with Ctrl F12.
I have checked and re done the key mapping and it still doesnt work.
there is no conflict with the other setting which is ctrl tab f12

please help

Daz
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:49:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not opening with Ctrl f12
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 09:31:36 am »
Do you have the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ? If no, the problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

gvert

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 11:52:46 pm »
HI
   Hi updated GSX today with the version on the website into P3D V4.3

The popup window will not started with Ctrl F12.
I have checked and re done the key mapping and it still doesnt work.
there is no conflict with the other setting which is ctrl tab f12

please help

Daz

Same issue here...but it happens only in some occasions. Made a flight earlier this day and everything worked fine, now during my current flight I can't open GSX again...

Addon-Manager and couatl are correctly showing under the Add-Ons tab. The missing or corrupted VC++ libs are already reinstalled. I am using P3D v4.3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 09:45:30 am »
Addon-Manager and couatl are correctly showing under the Add-Ons tab. The missing or corrupted VC++ libs are already reinstalled. I am using P3D v4.3.

If both the Addon Manager and Couatl menus are visible, it means all the software is installed and running correctly. However, you don't say anything about the GSX menu instead.

If it's missing, it means you must install GSX too.

If it's there, it means GSX is working correctly too so, it's possible the hotkey doesn't respond because of a key conflict with another addon.

gvert

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 12:11:41 pm »
Everything is installed, also GSX.

There is definitely no key confilict, since GSX works normally, about 75% of all sim sessions. But during the other 25% percent, I can press CTRL+Shift+F12 and nothing happens.
All other pop up menus still come up, like SODE, only GSX struggles to do so.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:03:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 06:03:30 pm »
But during the other 25% percent, I can press CTRL+Shift+F12 and nothing happens.

Do you have the GSX menu during those sessions ? Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message during those sessions ?

gvert

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 07:20:01 pm »
But during the other 25% percent, I can press CTRL+Shift+F12 and nothing happens.

Do you have the GSX menu during those sessions ? Do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message during those sessions ?

Yes, everything is initialized properly. The message mentioned above also appears, just the GSX window doesnt pop up. I've no clue what's the trigger for this issue. It happens at about 20-25% of my flights, the other 75-80% are completely fine and without problems.

Raphael

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 02:07:42 am »
+1  Same problem after update.   I was playing around with features but after reinstall it is not loading at all....

No GSX/Coualt present at P3D Menu...   I unistalled and reinstalled..... Not working yet..... im going to restart and play around and see what happens....

Raphael

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 04:37:55 am »
Confirmed,

Uninstalling, reinstalling from FSDT website, reinstalling AM from FSDT website and try actually works sometimes, but sometimes it wont work (GSX) Ctrl+Shift+F12 wont do anything....

My major problem is more with customization of the gates.  Sometimes you can customize normally, but there are several times when after clicking on the Customize button, it wont pass to slew mode, the Gate customizing window remains active even after clicking on the "Key guide window", which should lead you to the GSX editing slew mode, ...but ...after that, it just wont load and the gate customizing window remains present.   GSX and Coualt remain present at P3D menues, but Coualt is not restarting at all, not even the cache option works, and after that you wont be able to use GSX, this is:   Ctrl+SHFT+F12 wont open GSX anymore and once you got out of the gate customizing window you can not acces to it again neither until next sim restart....

All for now, no more clues to find out....  Tested in KMSP, KLAX(Completely unusable customization) but also smaller airports with lite or default graphic load, always same thing, sometimes it work, sometimes it wont...  So you are flying Long haul and arrive to gate but, sometimes GSX works, sometimes it wont....   :-\

Cutomization became important to me because vehicles positions are not correct and you cant see the marshaller because its inside the buildings as default  :D  (even in payware sceneries like KLAX, KMSP, several incorrect positions), and you want to configure few gates to use more often, otherwise, GSX looses all sense...

Txs for support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 01:48:46 pm »
I cannot replicate in any way the supposed "randomness" of the airport customization, which works 100% of the time here, and it's the feature we are testing more right now, since it's a major part of the upcoming GSX Level 2 expansion.

All for now, no more clues to find out....  Tested in KMSP, KLAX(Completely unusable customization) but also smaller airports with lite or default graphic load, always same thing, sometimes it work, sometimes it wont...  So you are flying Long haul and arrive to gate but, sometimes GSX works, sometimes it wont....

This is not very clear. Are you saying it's the CUSTOMIZATION that doesn't work after a long flight, or the whole GSX is not working after a long flight ?

And what do you mean with "KLAX (Completely unusable customization) or KMSP, KLAX(Completely unusable customization)" ?

Raphael

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 05:30:04 pm »
Sorry about my wordiness.....     ::)

What im saying is:   GSX customization cant be used in those airports - wont work...  So there is something wrong...    And it works at a ramdom basis at default and/or very small load airports(which means sometimes it opens and works the slew customization), but sometimes even the customization window wont even open...  You can see GSX/Coualt present at the menues, but useless, no action at all  :-\

If i dont mess with customization, GSX works normally for any flight, but sometimes after these long haul im flying lately, the GSX works departing, but not arriving.  Its happen a couple of times, and i though it might be related...  Thats it....

Anyway, i turned on the Logging option for GSX, after my actual long haul ill perform more testings and send some data from that file...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:13:30 pm by Raphael »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »
What im saying is:   GSX customization cant be used in those airports - wont work...  So there is something wrong...   

It surely can. What problem are you having, exactly ?

Raphael

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 06:37:36 am »
Just to share the solution talked in deep in another topic i had.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered something else today....

New monitor Samsung CHG 90...all right.... flying a lot and sleeping very little!  ;)

Its got an application called "Easy settings Box" to divide the screen in different windows(like multiple monitors - yes its a beast!  ::) ).     When using GSX customization, the key agreement window remained behind the sim view, so it kept waiting for me to accept it...When i clicked ok, well i thought i did, the truth is that it was going behind the simulator window. This application makes some popups windows to stay behind the games somehow(may be its the way it is for gaming as they market it....so, trying and trying in KMSP(god i love that airport), i thought about the "behind window" thing i commented before..... WHY is the key agreement window behind?    Behind what??  So if its behind, at the end, is there.....right?  Bingo!

So i disabled temporarily the Samsung application for customization and it worked, even for the 717, for every single plane.... it works...!

Ohh,  i got to learn more about  my new monitor.  Might this be useful for future updates on GSX?  Dont know, but is a shame about the root cause!   i was an inch about to stop simming, selling the pieces and become a real pilot so GSX wont fail anymore! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets go flying!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:18 pm »
So i disabled temporarily the Samsung application for customization and it worked, even for the 717, for every single plane.... it works...!

I was quite the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX. That application was probably doing something strange with the application focus.