Author Topic: Tips on getting better paths for baggage loaders  (Read 1611 times)

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Tips on getting better paths for baggage loaders
« on: July 14, 2018, 11:42:15 pm »
I'm not complaining, as I know it is something I am doing, while customising my many parking positions.

Are there any tips to prevent the baggage loaders from taking interesting paths on the way to their respective cargo doors?

I ensure their new parking positions are; on the same side as the cargo doors; far enough away for manoeuvring; and normally pointing towards their respective door.
Still, they often set out with good intentions, and do finally get exactly to where they should be going, but often go under the 737, or do a figure of eight over the other side before returning to the starboard side. Sometimes they both follow each other under or around the aircraft.
The baggage carts seem to handle the routing better even though they may have been parked alongside the loaders at the front right of the aircraft to start with.
Any tips?
Aussie.
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Tips on getting better paths for baggage loaders
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:36:23 am »
I ensure their new parking positions are; on the same side as the cargo doors; far enough away for manoeuvring; and normally pointing towards their respective door.

That seems to be enough but, of course, without looking at an actual example, is difficult to understand what the issue might be.

Even if it sounds counter-intuitive, such issues happens because GSX is not as dumb as just "following a path" but, in order to allow a realistic maneuvering with smooth curves, it tries to FIT A BEZIER CURVE along the waypoints a vehicle will use, with some constraints like having the vehicle ending up with the proper heading and aligned to the related airplane door.

When the curve cannot fit all the constraints, you'll see such issues like vehicles doing a 180 or passing over the other side.

Please provide me with an example, possibly using a default scenery with a default airplane, so I could try it and tell you how to improve the starting position of the vehicles.

Note that, the airplane parked position matters too so, you'll probably want to be sure the GSX parking position is set correctly as well.