Author Topic: GSX and Customizing Parking Locations **SOLVED**  (Read 2772 times)

krouner

GSX and Customizing Parking Locations **SOLVED**
« on: July 10, 2018, 05:13:03 pm »
I recently uninstalled my P3D V4 and all the add-ons. When I reinstalled everything (I went to each of the websites first and downloaded their ( and your) current versions then, after installation, I ran any update programs if available) I am experiencing issues when trying to use the "Customize this parking position". When the customization window opens I select the gate I want to customize. The plane is slewed far away from that gate. It seems like the plane is being moved straight back a couple hundred feet. When I slew the plane back to the parking spot none of the ground vehicles are there and when I select to move to the next ground vehicle it puts the plane back to where it moved it to. I first thought it was the AFX file but when I tried at numerous other airports the GSX did the same thing. Looking at the top of the Customization window I see what I think is the correct AFX file name and location being displayed.  I also checked for duplicate AFX files but did not find any. Is there another location that should be looked at that has airport information GSX uses that should have been removed before reinstalling everything? I am not sure if this matters but I am also still running FSX and GSX is working fine with it.

KRouner
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:15:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Customizing Parking Locations
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:33:54 am »
The plane is slewed far away from that gate. It seems like the plane is being moved straight back a couple hundred feet.

The problem doesn't have anything do with GSX, and it's caused by one of your joysticks having its null zone not properly calibrated, perhaps because it's not one you use normally but, being connected, still has its axes assigned in Slew mode.

The solution is either calibrate the joystick correctly, or remove its axes the Slew mode.

grouner

Re: GSX and Customizing Parking Locations
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 10:14:06 pm »
That was it! I switched from Saitek Pro to X56. Thanks for your help!