Author Topic: Only have demo mode  (Read 3280 times)

Aussieflyer38

Only have demo mode
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:17:25 am »
Hi ,
I have recently dumped FSX and gone over to P3Dv4. I purchased ground crew back when I had FSX, I checked the website and downloaded the P3D version, but find I only have the demo version. I can't find  where to enter my authorisation code to get the full version. Can someone help me please. Thanks.

Don 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only have demo mode
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:32:53 pm »
Page 3 of the GSX manual:

Very briefly, activation it’s done this way:

• Open the “Addon Manager” menu inside FSX, under the “Addons” menu
• Select Fsdreamteam and GSX in the two small text windows
• Click the “Register Serial” button
• Type your Serial Number, as indicated in your purchase receipt
• Let it activate, with a working internet connection

LSGG

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 02:19:48 pm »
Hello,
I've removed P3dV4.2 and reinstall P3DV4.3 - Reinstall GSX and Geneva airport - followed your instructions concerning the activation.
I've tried this procedure 4 times, wait 10 minutes and restarted P3D.
Unfortunately both add-on stay on trial mode.

All tests done without antivirus program.
Is it possible I've reached the maximum of reinstallation allowed ?

Server assisted activation only ask for the registration key and not for the order number and registration key as mentionned in your manual

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:07:46 pm by LSGG »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:21:49 am »
Unfortunately both add-on stay on trial mode.

Please clarify what do you mean. Do you mean both products works normally in Trial mode, but the activation doesn't stay ?

LSGG

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 11:29:56 am »
GSX Addon manager mention "Product in TRIAL Mode"
Geneva Addon manager mention "Product Installed, in TRIAL Mode"
For the 2 addon I've tried many times to enter the serial number via "Register Serial" and  "Reinstall"
No error message during the registration process
Both addon always stay in trial mode
For Geneva, P3Dreturns a red message "Trial period expired". No building at all
I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall both addon
See what the P3d Add-ons shows in the 2 jpeg attached
Both addon was working before the upgrade to P3dV4.3

Many thanks for your answer
Michel / Geneva

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 08:45:05 am »
I think you misunderstood my question. I haven't asked if the products SHOWS in Trial mode in the Addon Manager. I asked if they WORK in Trial mode, which is an entirely different thing.

Trial mode for a scenery means it will work in full, with all its buildings, but for 5-6 minutes per sessions, then it will disappear.

Trial mode for GSX means it will display a menu of Trial airports, if you try to activate GSX outside one of the Trial airports.

THIS is Trial mode. Anything else, is not Trial mode, it's "software not working" and, from your screenshot, this is the case, since you are missing the GSX menu entirely from the "Addons" menu bar, since you have only the Addon Manager.

The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

LSGG

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »
I confirm that I've NEVER get any LSGG airport building before.

I've done the following steps
Disabled all antivirus services - reboot
Uninstall VC++ Librairies - reboot
Install VC++ Librairies as per your link - reboot
Uninstall both addon - reboot
Install both addon - reboot

Open P3D LSGG airport and get the message "Trail period FSdreamtem has started.
NO building at all
No GSX menu at all

So, as you said it's not an activation prb. but software pbr. Now I really do not know what else I may do.
Any help is welcome
Many thanks - Michel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:48 pm »
So, as you said it's not an activation prb. but software pbr. Now I really do not know what else I may do.

- Disable the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder and reinstall

OR

- Uninstall/reinstall all the VC++ runtimes that might haven been corrupted/missing on your system.

Yes, you said you did all of that but, if you did it correctly, the software would surely run.

Be *absolutely* sure the antivirus is configured correctly to exclude the Addon Manager folder and, be absolutely sure you don't have another software (firewall, anti-spyway, etc.), that might require a similar configuration, then REINSTALL

If you are *absolutely* sure the issue is not the antivirus, then it can only be a problem with missing/corrupted VC++ runtime libraries on your system. As explained in the linked thread, it's NOT enough to just reinstall, in some cases you will have to uninstall/reinstall, and since the software requires (directly on indirectly) all 3 versions of the libraries, you must do as follows:

- Uninstall ALL versions (both x86 and x64) of the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes. Download them again from the MS site (BOTH the x86 and x64 versions) and reinstall them BOTH. REBOOT

- Uninstall ALL versions (both x86 and x64) of the VC++ 2013 runtimes. Download them again from the MS site (BOTH the x86 and x64 versions) and reinstall them BOTH. REBOOT

- Uninstall ALL versions (both x86 and x64) of the VC++ 2015 runtimes. Download them again from the MS site (BOTH the x86 and x64 versions) and reinstall them BOTH. REBOOT

If still doesn't work, it's possible your issue is instead the Simconnect client missing in the sim, which is not normal, since our installer obviously install it, but it's possible that one might end up missing/corrupted for the same reasons of the VC++ libraries. To reinstall it, launch this file:

Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

If still doesn't work, then you reinstalled everything required to run, so you are back at square one: check the antivirus and reinstall, because there are no other reasons for the software not running. It's either the antivirus, or the missing libraries.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 05:37:33 pm by virtuali »