Author Topic: [SOLVED] GSX custom livery not working - pushback truck does nothing **SOLVED**  (Read 3977 times)

dotmicron

Hello,

For my VA, I have created a GSX custom livery. Until recently, it had been working fine, but a couple of users (including me) have reported that the pushback truck does nothing the first time they request pushback services after using other functions (ie catering, passenger (de)boarding, etc). It requires the resetting of the position and then requesting pushback again. This behaviour is replicated throughout all of the various companies that provide service in GSX, however, uninstalling the livery fixes it.  ???

I have no idea if this information is relevant, but the livery is distributed in a .exe built with Inno Setup.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

- Tom
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:03:32 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX custom livery not working - pushback truck does nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:54:03 pm »
This behaviour is replicated throughout all of the various companies that provide service in GSX, however, uninstalling the livery fixes it.  ???

It would be best if you simply provided a link to the installer, so I could told you what was wrong with your livery.

dotmicron

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 02:30:04 pm »
It would be best if you simply provided a link to the installer, so I could told you what was wrong with your livery.
That is indeed, a very good idea.
removed link
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:24:25 pm by dotmicron »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »
Try the attached files, I fixed some of the parameters which were missing, since we added them very recently, so they weren't in the PaintKit. They are now, so if you download it again, it should contain all updated files.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 03:03:17 pm by virtuali »

dotmicron

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:12 pm »
Thanks for your help, it all seems to be working nicely again.

May I suggest some kind of opt-in email notification to say when there have been updates to GSX so people know when they need to update their paintkits?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 09:03:21 am »
May I suggest some kind of opt-in email notification to say when there have been updates to GSX so people know when they need to update their paintkits?

I was thinking of it, but it's quite tricky to do because, ideally, we should integrate the PaintKit in the Live Update, but should be able to update just *parts* of the SIM.CFG files (usually the [Couatl] section), not the whole file, which would have been customized by the user.

officercrockey

Hello,

sorry if this might be the wrong thread and I should open a new one. But I thought my problem could be related to this as well.

I made a custom livery for TAV Georgia, the operator at Tbilisi Airport. I think I stuck to the documentation but now the staircases behave a little weird (or don't behave at all). The passengers are boarding just the animations did not seem to work. Which files do you need from me? There are quite some staircases and I don't really know which one is which.

I downloaded the paintkit a week or so ago, so I am not sure if it is the most up to date.

Pushback and Cargoloading works fine!

Edit: I just was flying to another airport, where this operator is active as well and there it was working normally.  ???
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:47:54 pm by officercrockey »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I downloaded the paintkit a week or so ago, so I am not sure if it is the most up to date.

It's probably not. Try again now and add our custom liveries to the updated files again.

officercrockey

It's probably not. Try again now and add our custom liveries to the updated files again.

Yes, now it is working. Thank you.