Author Topic: Addon Manager very low fps (10) P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 42471 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager verry low fps (10) P3DV4
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2018, 02:29:17 pm »
Are you using the latest version of the Addon Manager, which you can get by running the FSDT Live Update, as I suggested to do in my last post ?

peteregan

« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2018, 05:33:19 pm »
hi umberto

yes, re-downloaded and installed the addon manager then ran the FSDT updater.

pete.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2018, 11:37:07 pm »
yes, re-downloaded and installed the addon manager then ran the FSDT updater.

We are starting to run out of options.

Of course, I cannot reproduce the problem in any case, so I'm trying doing fixes in the blind. Now not only we don't do anything related to rendering anymore but, it's even more optimized in the sense that, regardless if there's something to render or not, the special PDK render routine is only called twice at most and won't be called again unless there *is* something to render (which is not the case yet, since there's no released product that use that feature) AND this thing has changed somewhat. Before, it still wasn't doing any render, but it was doing "nothing" at every frame, now is optimized as it can be, even more than the sample I sent to test.

So, I'm starting to believe your problem might not even related to this function but, I'm afraid it's almost impossible for me to work under these conditions.

Assuming there is a problem (I'm sure there's none, it's more likely something specific of your configuration that doesn't play right with the new PDK functions of the sim, which probably no other developer started to use, so you are not seeing with anything else, yet), the first requirement for having even a slightest chance of fixing it (assuming I can fix it from my side, and it's not, instead, something that only LM can fix, which I think it's more likely), is to be able to reproduce it.

Perhaps we might try with a Teamviever session, so I might have a look at your system. PM me to arrange it, if it's ok for you.

« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2018, 01:41:45 am »
I too have such a problem. Win 10\1607.
I have FSX /P3Dv4.1  and GSX. Everything worked well.
I added KORD and fps = 10.
I spent a lot of time on fixing the problem, but I still have a problem.
In FSX there is no problem. It is only in P3Dv4.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2018, 11:54:46 am »
I too have such a problem.

Do you have more than one video card, either in SLI or driving different screens ?

jadolfo

« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2018, 08:13:28 am »
Ok, could you please try running the FSDT Live Update now ? There's a new Addon Manager .DLL for P3D4 to try.

Hello,

Tested with the las update and the problem persist.

Regards,
J. Adolfo Medina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2018, 01:55:29 am »
Tested with the las update and the problem persist.

Yes, after having a session with one affected user, the way the problem manifested on his system, clearly indicates that a fix from us is not possible, since the problem happens in a DirectX function which requires a parameter which is provided by the sim itself calling a function of the new PDK, and we are doing exactly as suggested by the official documentation.

And, on this user system, which had 2 video cards, each one connected to 3 screens (for a total of 6), it ONLY happened when dragging a gauge over a screen connected to the 2nd video card ONLY. No fps issues at all, even when dragging over a screen connected to the 1st card.

That's why I asked if you have more than one video card, which can be either a SLI configuration OR multiple cards connected to different screen. I'm reported it to LM, and they also asked if you have SLI enabled (or any other case of multiple video cards).

Note that, you might have multiple video cards without realizing it: maybe the one embedded in the mainboard, depending on the configuration, might still affect the sim, even if nothing is connected to it. Maybe disabling it in the BIOS might help.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 01:59:25 am by virtuali »

nolatron

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2018, 03:30:16 am »
I'm reported it to LM, and they also asked if you have SLI enabled (or any other case of multiple video cards).

I don't think I mentioned it before but for my case it was when panels were on monitors on a 2nd video card (not in SLI).

Thanks for your work for digging into this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2018, 04:24:14 am »
I don't think I mentioned it before but for my case it was when panels were on monitors on a 2nd video card (not in SLI).

Good to hear: another confirmation the issue seems to be related to using a 2nd video card when gauges are placed on a screen connected to it, same as the other user I had a remote session with. LM was suggesting to verify if affected users were using SLI so, possibly, the issues are similar, since it's still a different way of using multiple GPUs.

jadolfo

« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2018, 10:26:25 am »

...it ONLY happened when dragging a gauge over a screen connected to the 2nd video card ONLY. No fps issues at all, even when dragging over a screen connected to the 1st card.
Yes, the same for me

That's why I asked if you have more than one video card, which can be either a SLI configuration OR multiple cards connected to different screen. I'm reported it to LM, and they also asked if you have SLI enabled (or any other case of multiple video cards).
Not in SLI for me

Note that, you might have multiple video cards without realizing it: maybe the one embedded in the mainboard, depending on the configuration, might still affect the sim, even if nothing is connected to it. Maybe disabling it in the BIOS might help.
My first graphic card is Nvidia GTX 960 and I am using for a second graphis the embedded on CPU 4790K
J. Adolfo Medina

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2018, 02:38:25 pm »
I do not use sli. I use Ge forse, for P3D on the first monitor and video for the cpu intel core on the second monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:40 am »
I do not use sli. I use Ge forse, for P3D on the first monitor and video for the cpu intel core on the second monitor.

Which confirms again what has been observed by other users too. The problem happens ONLY if you have more than one video card. Whether you use SLI, or you use two separate cards connected to separate monitors, doesn't really matter: it's still two video cards.

c912039

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »
I reported earlier, that I was experiencing the drop to 10fps with my setup.

I have 2 video cards, a 1080Ti with 4 monitors (3 for outside view, 1 for instrumentation panel ), and 2 screens connected to the 1050 for 2d panels.

I tried a combination where no gauges were displayed on the 1050 card's screens. Normal FPS were observed. I then moved the SimConnect popup box over to the 1050 card and instantly dropped down to 10fps.

Given that I have had to roll back to a previous version so I don't experience the FPS drop, and if it most likely will require LM to fix (either in 4.4 if there is every such a release, or V5, which is probably even further away), would it be possible to work out if there is a way to enable the current and future versions of GSX to turn off the API call that is triggering this, until such time as LM fixes this bug?

I would really like to purchase and use your GSX 2 expansion, but if using GSX2 is dependent on disconnecting the 2nd video card and instrument screens and/or LM fixing the function call, I'm worried that I might not be able to the current and future releases of GSX & GSX2, for a very long time until such time as LM eventually get around to making a new release.

Regards
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2018, 03:18:27 pm »
would it be possible to work out if there is a way to enable the current and future versions of GSX to turn off the API call that is triggering this, until such time as LM fixes this bug?

This would be the "plan B", assuming both we cannot figure it out how to eventually overcome the problem from our code, or LM fixes it somehow.

Disabling the Render-to-texture call to the PDK, would result in having to renounce to the Jetway number indicators in GSX Level 2, and the information panels and the AI arrival/departure board in KORD V2.

These are two features we are using that call right now but, of course, there might be more in the future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2018, 04:28:07 pm »
To anyone affect using two video cards: could you please try running the FSDT Live Update now, to get an updated Addon Manager .DLL ? We might have found a workaround to the low fps problem, and would like to hear your feedback on it.