Author Topic: Addon Manager very low fps (10) P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 42446 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager verry low fps (10) P3DV4
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:37 pm »
Even if you can't reproduce the problem yourself in a lab-situation, you can't deny that there is a problem with your software.

+1

Still wrong, regardless how many "+1" this post will ever get. Software, like science, is not a democracy, where the opinion that gets the most votes is the right one. There's only one correct answer, and it's not necessarily the most popular one.

As I've said, so many times already, it's very possible the problem is something internal to P3D, and might only happen only under specific circumstances and/or combination of drivers, other addons, etc. and, if this is the case, it means:

- The problem is NOT our software

AND

- There's nothing we can do to fix it, only LM could.

It's the same as the very well known Simconnect menu bug, which is clearly a 4.2 bug and it HAS been fixed by LM in 4.3 and yes, even then, some people mistakenly assumed it was "a GSX problem", only because GSX is one of the most popular affected products but, thanks god, there are OTHER 3rd party applications that use a Simconnect menu, so it was easy enough for users to realize it couldn't possibly be our problem to fix, since all the other applications were all affected in the same way so, the noise about the supposed "GSX menu bug", eventually came down.

Now, with the PDK, the issue is a bit different, because the PDK is brand new, and I don't believe anybody else is using it, so it's more difficult for me to prove it's not a "problem of our software", but that doesn't mean it's not exactly the same issue as the Simconnect menu bug: something outside our control that only LM can fix.

In addition to that, there's the added issue of not being able to reproduce it in any way, which wasn't the case with the Simconnect menu bug, which affected me and each and every user all the same so, it's likely even more complex in this case, because clearly only A FEW users are affected (not 100% of users, like the Simconnect menu bug), so I suspect it might possibly be related to other factors using in COMBINATION of our usage of the PDK features, like other addons, video drivers settings, or the way the sim is used, such as the way windows are moved/docked, etc.

Again, it's likely something we simply cannot fix, and only LM, after a proper report, which REQUIRES being able to reproduce it ourselves AND allowing LM to reproduce it too, otherwise how they can even start working on it ?

I asked to wait for 4.3 to be released, for the simple reason that LM will surely tell me the same thing: it wouldn't make any sense for them to investigate a possible issue with a version which will be outdated soon, fact I'm on vacation right now, it's just an even more sound reason for doing so, and wait for the 4.3 release.

AFTER 4.3 is released, assuming those of you affected by it are STILL affected, I'll ask to someone with this issue to have a Teamviewer session, so I could check the configuration, the settings, the other addons installed, which MIGHT eventually lead to the ability to reproduce it on my system, which is the first step to fixing the problem.

alexvs

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 07:45:09 pm »
Umberto,

Okay, okay, okay, I've calmed down. With that kind of long post, I gave up. There's nothing to do than wait.

Have a nice holiday.

alexvs

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 09:55:18 pm »
Umberto,

I went back to the GSX version I bought last year. With internet connection off. Now I have the FPS back to 60, but I get the message "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings".

I did a search on the forum, and the only way to get rid of the message is to update with FSDTLiveUpdate link on the desktop. But I don't want that. Is there a way to get rid of this message without updating?

peteregan

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2018, 12:25:07 am »
enjoy your trip Umberto, and let's hope LM iron out the bugs soon. with people investing heavily in the P3D platform and addons, and seemingly many now using 2nd/3rd monitors with undocked panels etc this problem with the new SDK method may affect lots more users/developers as time goes on. fingers crossed for v4.3!
all the best, pete.

Wizaro

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:12 am »

Ok i will wait for 4.3 release first.... Hope it’s can solve our problem... Have a good vacation, alexvs i’m do like you with old version gsx but next flight when im connect to internet it’s back to 12 again. Im just uninstall gsx and wait now

trawley93

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2018, 03:50:18 am »
Been following this thread for a while now as I am having exactly the same problem as mentioned above. Has LM given any indication as to when v4.3 will be released other than "sometime this month?" Maybe I've just been missing the date somewhere.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2018, 08:36:06 am »
Could someone of you affect, could try with all other addons disabled, except GSX ? That should be fairly easy to do, at least for proper addons that used the add-on.xml method: just disable them from the Options->Addons menu and restart the sim.

At least, this might indicate if the issue is possibly caused by a conflict with some other addon, maybe one that reads the screen or handles the windows in an unusual way, which might conflict when something uses the official PDK-way.

comic40

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:53 am »

I'm completely sure that it's an addon conflict because I had no problem before installing the KLAS scenery, everything was working properly GSX and all the other addons.
But as I said before, when installing the scenery of KLAS FSDT my sim went from 60 fps to 10.
I did everything reinstalled the sim, deleted all files related to p3d but once the installation of GSX and activation of it I return to 10 fps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:52 pm »
It's not possible it's an addon conflict caused by another FSDT addon, because they use exactly the same software.

If you are keeping doing the opposite of what I asked (disabling/uninstalling GSX), instead of disabling all the OTHER addons, we are never going to find IF the conflict is in fact caused by a conflict with GSX and another addon or, more precisely, by a conflict between another addon and the PDK interface we now use in our software.

That might explain why I was never able to reproduce it. The ONLY time I was ever able to see a dramatic fps drop, was when enabling G-Sync in Windowed mode but:

- It happened even with GSX disabled

- It affected other programs, not just P3D4

- It was eventually fixed with a newer version of the nVidia driver.

comic40

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:40 pm »
You have to understand that I have completely reinstalled P3D and that I only have GSX on it.
I do absolutely not the opposite of what you say I tried and it's the same result.
I disabled all other addons but no change.

alexvs

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 06:24:12 pm »
Hi Umberto,

In the "history" of this topic I tested the following situations:

Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp on, AS16 on, GSX on = 10 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp on, AS16 off, GSX on = 10 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX on = 10 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX on = 10 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) emptied, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX on = 10 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) emptied, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX off = 60 FPS

Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp on, AS16 on, GSX off = 60 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp on, AS16 off, GSX off = 60 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) with content, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX off = 60 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) with content, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX off = 60 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) emptied, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX off = 60 FPS
Clean P3DV41, default sceneries (scenery.cfg) emptied, all add-ons (add-on.xml) emptied, FSTramp off, AS16 off, GSX on = 10 FPS

ON = program running or via addon organizer entries active
OFF = program not running or via addon organizer entries deactivated
with content = all bought scenery content in the XML or CFG file present or active via addon organizer
emptied = all bought scenery content in the XML or CFG file deleted or deactivated via addon organizer

Did this also with a clean install with P3D42 client reinstall or/and content reinstall.

I also renewed my video drivers to the latest versions or tested with the earlier version when I didn't had the "10 FPS" problem. No luck in both situations.

I have Win10, 64 bit, latest april update. I also tested without the april update. In both situations see result above.
I have 2 video cards, an GTX1070 and a GTX660
I have 5 monitors, all connected to the cards
I have 16 Gb memory installed
I have a 3 Tb SSD drive, a 250 Gb and a 500 Gb ATA drive
I have Z270X Ultra Gaming motherboard
I have a Intel® Core i5-7600K, 3,8 GHz (4,2 GHz Turbo Boost) socket 1151 processor (FC-LGA4, "Kaby Lake-S") processor

All drivers are up-to-date.

And the last test, see my post of yesterday, with my question "how do I get rid of the anoying error message without updating via the FSDT Live Update" icon on my desktop???????

Do you need more tests? Or other situations?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:59:44 pm by alexvs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2018, 09:50:30 am »
As I've said, it's useless to do any testing now with P3D 4.1 or even 4.2, since LM would surely tell to wait for 4.3.

If you are really sure the problem happens even with *just* GSX installed, then the only possible explanation is that, on YOUR systems, something is causing the PDK API, which we use, to not work well, perhaps related to specific video settings.

As I've said, when 4.3 will be out AND I'll return from my vacation (I have no idea when 4.3 will be released so, I don't which one will come first), AND if you still have the same problem, we might try having Teamviewer sessions, so MAYBE I could find the offending setting, which will allow to replicate the problem on my system, which will in turn allow me to file a proper report to LM, which will allow them to do a fix.

They'll surely pay attention to it, since we are using only 100% officially documented function, just that we are probably the first/only ones doing that, so there wasn't enough feedback from other developers.

alexvs

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:12 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Teamview. OK, after your vacation is OK.

I don't know if you're already packed your bags and left the building. How do I get rid of the anoying message "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" without updating? I just want to use the old software. I now have installed it, I have 60 FPS, and I can't use it.

Help, please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 07:40:14 am »
How do I get rid of the anoying message "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" without updating?

By removing the airports you have manually added to the disable_on_airports line in the couatladdons.ini. Page 23 of the GSX manual.

eshelariel

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2018, 08:58:53 am »
I have the the same FPS problem too
with the same Symptoms :
without the addon manager installed:  50-60 FPS
with the addon manager installed : maximum 10 FPS

So I think that I can prove to you that the problem is coming from the "Addon Manager" its self and not from P3d as you said:

Im using your products  already  1 year  on the same p3d [4.1] and until now I didnt saw somthing that similar to this problem
yesterday I decided that I want to install scenery that i bought  sometime  ago - and here is the main idea:
just after the installing of the new scenery the FPS problem appered
and from what I know when you install FSDT product you get the product + the last addon manager inside the installtion
from what i said here you can clearly infer that the problem is not with p3d becouse until the update of the product everything worked great
the problem is somewhere in the update
so all what I think that you have to do until the next update or fix for this problem
is to give us link to the previus version of addon manager
please sir, think about us - we bought with our money your products
and they are not so cheap- and now we cant use any scenery or gsx that i paid for them +- 100$
so please let us some solution becouse you can do it! by giving us the previous version until finding the sourse of the problem
waiting for your answer
thanks,Ariel
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:17:26 am by virtuali »