Author Topic: GSX No addon, No Couatl  (Read 4823 times)

jslim1008

GSX No addon, No Couatl
« on: May 02, 2018, 11:40:19 am »
Hi Team,

This probably has been answered too many times, however I'm posting because I've read every single solution post that exists in this GSX support section for my problem.
I've newly installed P3dv4.2, and GSX using your website, however when I start the Sim, under Addon, there is only SODE.

Here's what I've tried
- uninstall, and reinstall all corresponding version of VC++ from 2005 all the way to 2013 both x64 and x84 version and restarted the PC
- removed xml from %PROGRAMDATA% and %APPDATA% and let it regenerate
- uninstalled re installed GSX and ran live updater. Then also added Addon Manager separately from the FSDT website
 I am still having no avail. I have no antivirus on my computer, Windows defender has been disabled for this entire process. I did not have any other add on installed.
I can see FSdt addon manager if I go Options tab - Addons but not when I go Addons tab, only SODE.

I can also see in P3dv4 Addons file Fsdt xml. What am I doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX No addon, No Couatl
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 05:41:03 pm »
I have no antivirus on my computer, Windows defender has been disabled for this entire process. I did not have any other add on installed.

As explained many times on the forum, it's not enough to disable the antivirus (and usually it's not even required), but you MUST configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- uninstall, and reinstall all corresponding version of VC++ from 2005 all the way to 2013 both x64 and x84 version and restarted the PC

Our software requires the 2015 version too so, if you stopped at 2013, you might have an issue with 2015 still left to fix.

LAUTARO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 11:03:53 pm »
Hi, I have the same problem, what I don´t understand is what you mean when you say: "Our software requires the 2015 version too so, if you stopped at 2013, you might have an issue with 2015 still left to fix."

2015 version of what ?, where should I get this ? Where should I install this ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:02:10 am »
2015 version of what ?, where should I get this ? Where should I install this ?

Since I was replying to an user that said he already uninstalled/reinstall the VC++ libraries, I guess I could safely assume HE knew what is being discussed in this thread he opened, which are the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable runtimes.

Our installers obviously install all the required ones but, we only launch the official MS installers and, if you already have a copy in your system which has a *problem*, the installer will just skip the installation without trying to fix it.

Which is why, a common solution if you have issues with one of these runtimes that prevent a software that requires them to start, is to Uninstall them all, and reinstall them all after downloading from the Microsoft website.

VC++ 2015
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145

VC++ 2013
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

VC++ 2005 SP1
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

LAUTARO

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 04:25:32 pm »
Ok, soy to find those libraries and uninstall them where should I look for them ? Or where should I install new ones ?

So, if I get it right, I should uninstall present libraries, download new ones, install them, and after that install again FSDT products ? am I right ? if it so, the only thing I need to do that is where are thse library and where sholud I install them (for example, I installe Prepar3D in a C, not C/Program Files, choose this directory because PMDG suggest that), so I don´t know if that it´s  related in any way to libraries or the place where they should be installed

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 04:30:02 pm »
Ok, soy to find those libraries and uninstall them where should I look for them ?

Like any Windows component, they can be uninstalled from the Add/Remove Programs (or "Program and Features", depending on the version) entry in the Windows Control peanl.

So, if I get it right, I should uninstall present libraries, download new ones, install them, and after that install again FSDT products ? am I right ?

Yes. All of them, and all of them in both x64 and x86 versions.

if it so, the only thing I need to do that is where are thse library and where sholud I install them

You don't get to decide where to install them. They'll go automatically in their proper place (usually the Windows folder).

LAUTARO

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 03:19:34 am »
VC++ 2005 SP1
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

I don´t have VC++ 2005 SP1, I have VC++ 2005 Redistributable (and it´s not x86 or x64), just that, should I uninstall this ? or is another library ?

Thanks

LAUTARO

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:45:10 am »
Yes. All of them, and all of them in both x64 and x86 versions.

In the VC++ 2013 link comes 3 downloads: 1 is x64, other is x86 and a 3rd is "vcredist_arm.exe", should I install also this one ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:11:17 am »
3 downloads: 1 is x64, other is x86 and a 3rd is "vcredist_arm.exe", should I install also this one ?

x86 and x64, as I've said.

And, you must first uninstall the versions you already have installed, otherwise it would be exactly the same as running the installers from our own installer (which is what we already do): they installer would find you already have a version, so it will just skip. It won't "fix" any problems you might have in their installation.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 07:12:48 am by virtuali »

jslim1008

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 10:35:34 am »
Thanks for your reply,

So I've tried uninstall and reinstall of VC++ 2015 for both 64 and 84 version with no avail. The problem is there is nothing loading.

I've attached my add-on.xml from documents -> P3dv4 Add-ons -> Fsdream Team addon manager

dll.xml from %APPDATA% Lockheed Martin file.

I'm really frustrated at this stage with so many restarts, and starting sim on and off and on and off. Reinstallign and uninstalling

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:20 pm »
So I've tried uninstall and reinstall of VC++ 2015 for both 64 and 84 version with no avail. The problem is there is nothing loading.

As explained in all other threads, including this one, you might have to reinstall ALL 3 of the runtimes. While our software, under P3D4, directly, has a dependency on VC++ 2015, it also requires the FSX-compatible Simconnect client and *THAT* one, depends on VC++ 2005 SP1.

Which is why, I posted links for ALL 3 versions of the runtimes. Uninstall them all, and reinstall them all.

jslim1008

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 06:25:26 pm »

As explained in all other threads, including this one, you might have to reinstall ALL 3 of the runtimes. While our software, under P3D4, directly, has a dependency on VC++ 2015, it also requires the FSX-compatible Simconnect client and *THAT* one, depends on VC++ 2005 SP1.

Which is why, I posted links for ALL 3 versions of the runtimes. Uninstall them all, and reinstall them all.

Ok, I found the issue, when I installed p3d4.2, I had 4.0 already and did not update Client by removing old 4.0 client and installing 4.2 client.

Sorrry about the hassle!

rjlfry

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 11:54:01 pm »
When updating P3D you should delete the client then backup the config put some ware safe delete the config then in find the shaders folder delete the shaders, install the new client run the sim it will rebuild the config and shaders, do not put the old config back if you tweaked the config instead manually apply the tweaks as the new config may have updated