Author Topic: Addon Manager and all FSDT products are not working **SOLVED**  (Read 11231 times)

LAUTARO

Hi, after an update Addon Manager didn´t work anymore, I have Prepar3D V4, GSX, CYVR, KLAX, KIAH, is not the 1st time that Addon Manager doesn´t work after an update, but this time I couldn´t fix it and all products FSDT products that I have gone away.

I tried unistalling, reinstalling, I exclude directory in antivirus. Airports only shows jetways and vehicles, no buildings at all, it happens the same with KIAD scenery from Flightbeam. Since addon manager is not in the menu I can´t also use GSX.

So, I need help, if anybody can help me on this
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:24:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager and all FSDT products are not working
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:22:14 pm »
if you are missing the Addon Manager or the GSX menu (or both) from the "Addons" menu of the sim, the only possible reasons are either the antivirus blocking the update, or a problem with your VC++ libraries, which might be missing/corrupted, even by something not related to flight sim.

Disabling the antivirus while installing its NOT enough. In addition to that, when the antivirus is suspected to be the cause of the problem (it's the more common one), you MUST also configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder before starting the sim.

About missing/corrupted VC++ libraries. They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

LAUTARO

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:41:30 pm »
Ok, I saw that link, can you tell me with more detail (as you tell a 5 year old kid), what should I try ? When you say that "They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version", what should I dowload ? Should I search in MS (meaning Microsoft ?) website ? where ? is any way to probe how corrupted are those libraries in my computer or just download them anyway ? Where should I search or reinstall those libraries ? When you say that I should have more issues, I don´t see any other thing going wrong in my computer, still could be this libraries problem ?

As you noticed, I need more details, because is the 1st time that this happened to me, so I don´t know where to find those libraries in my computer, where should I download and what should I download and what should I do after, meaning install FSDT products again or unninstall and reinstall al simulator, etc

I´m asking for the entire "road" to a solution.

Thanks

makerdev

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 11:17:32 pm »
Wanted to add to this because I spent hours tinkering with this and hopefully this will help others. I had this problem and did everything that was suggested in this and the other topic (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656). When that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled P3Dv4.2. I was worried about doing this at first because of losing addons, but the uninstall didn't affect most of my addons and they were still there after the new install. This final, full reinstall after all of the other steps that were previously suggested, made GSX and Addon Manager once again appear in the Add-Ons menu in P3Dv4.2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:29 pm »
This final, full reinstall after all of the other steps that were previously suggested, made GSX and Addon Manager once again appear in the Add-Ons menu in P3Dv4.2

It's possible that uninstalling/reinstalling P3D 4.2 was able to restore some of your missing VC++ libraries. We launch the MS installer while installing but, possibly, if you have a problem, just launching the MS installer again might not be enough, because if if sees you already have the VC++ libraries installed, it will just skip that step, not trying to "fix" issue.

But uninstalling the sim, might instead trigger some additional cleanup, which would allow the libraries to be properly fixed on the following reinstall.

Another possible reason might be you were still running P3D 4.0 before reinstalling. I personally witnessed this on an user's system while doing a Teamviewer session: it was SURE to have tried everything and he was sure he was on P3D 4.2, so we tried this last resort and, as soon as I checked his system, I found he was still running 4.0 for some reason and, since the current version of our software is compiled with the 4.1 SDK (which is not backward compatible), it won't run with 4.0 anymore.

makerdev

Re: Addon Manager and all FSDT products are not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 12:13:50 am »
I was on 4.2 according to the Windows install/uninstall list. I assume something got messed up in the 4.0 to 4.2 upgrade process. I never ran 4.1.

Rcca

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 05:19:28 am »
 I just did a add/Remove on everything just now, I read you had a new update, it failed for me, so that's why I just started out with a fresh new GSX installment, all so removed the VC++2005, reinstalled GSX fired up FSX/GSX WOW! Finally it all worked, Changing Aircraft and my save Favorites. So it was not me of my problem with GSX!
I read all of the new post that guys said they were having the same problem as me after they did the Live Updater. Thank you anyway for your help and your new Live Updater.
One last thing, I had my antivirus, and Firewall on while installing the new Installment of GSX.
3 solid days on working on this, Wow! Wife said Finally Solved for me.
138 viewed my Post of May 14th, no one said anything until now! except
Now I got to do the same thing for my Desktop too. Never had to turn off my Anti-Firewall since Feb.24th 2018 since I have owned GSX. But that's my Opinion and experience for me.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:25:45 am by Rcca »
Cyber Power Desktop PC 64Bits Window10
CPU i7 4790K Model MS 7850 Military MB Intel Z97
Gamer Xtreme Liquid Cool 4.0/4.4GHZ turbo
Memory Ram 8GB
GPU Gigabytes Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ram
C drive SSD OS, G SSD dedicated to FSX.
FSX-GSX also on my Notebook GP62MVR 7RFX-i7 HQ 16GB Memory-GTX 1060 6

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 11:39:42 pm »
I just made a flight to Dallas. I should have checked the scenery before flying! Having also problems with Ground Services GSX, I had a full reinstallation of GSX and it worked for another scenery. So I thought, well ok, everthing is fine again. Approaching Dallas was horrible. The scenery is gone and the flight was ruined. Thank you, But you have to accept that customers are not satisfied. This is not good...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 11:55:56 pm »
Approaching Dallas was horrible. The scenery is gone

Please clarify. Do you mean you had GSX at start, but it disappeared at landing ? Check if you have an error log under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 07:02:19 am »
Umberto,
I already send you a log. The Sim is behaving weird. When you start the sim, GSX is there. When you change aircraft, itś not there. When you think everything is ok, because you did a full reinstall, itś still not ok. Please give me the old version. It was fine! Stop updating!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 01:59:00 pm »
hen you change aircraft, itś not there.

This has been discussed in another thread and, it was an FSX-only issue, and it HAS been fixed in the last update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17798.msg124541.html#msg124541

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 03:23:16 pm »
No, it is not fixed. After uninstalling GSX leaving the latest Addonmanager there, any activated Scenery in the Addonmanager doesn't work. The scenery is not visible and FSX stutters as hell. I am talking about seven sceneries! Of course I red http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17798.msg124541.html#msg124541 before without luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 09:48:29 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm the Addon Manager disappearing after switching airplane IS FIXED. Please re-read the linked post to check you have the last update.

You never mentioned stuttering or another issue. If you now have other issues DIFFERENT from the "When you change aircraft, it's not there" issue, then they are an entirely different problem and, in this case, open a new thread with a proper title, clearly describing the problem.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:51:25 pm by virtuali »

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 10:07:03 am »
It would be nice to have the opportunity to downgrade GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 12:00:14 am »
It would be nice to have the opportunity to downgrade GSX.

We cannot offer proper support if we are not sure everybody has the latest version. And updates are always fixing things reported by users and obviously add new features so, there's no reason why you would want to stay an old version.