Author Topic: GSX stutter after update  (Read 8305 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stutter after update
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 06:55:08 pm »
At Airports Around 20-25. At cruise around 30-35. Unlimited frame rates set, due to bad stutters if using limited. Always has been in P3d. With or without GSX.

Alright, this means you should be fine with the update we'll release very shorty, which will make the frame rate limiter for our own Simconnect calls optional, since you were already lower than 30 fps, and the main reason of limiting ourselves, was not to spam the sim with too many commands when the frame rate is higher, for example over sparsely populated areas.

Rustydog

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 07:06:37 pm »
Many thanks Umberto for the fast response to our problems. It is much appreciated.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 11:26:35 am »
The Update is online now. By default, the option to cap Simconnect updates is disabled, so it would work exactly as it was before (no cap). It's probably best to use it if your fps is much higher than 30.

SN737

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:56:48 pm »
Thank you for the update Umberto!, works stutter free now.
Regards
Sergio

jwyman

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 10:45:00 pm »
YEs, now stutter free! :)

Pit

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 11:06:25 pm »
Confirm too, stutter free also here!  :)

samwheeler

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 01:44:18 am »
Still stuttering for me, have I missed something?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2018, 10:02:37 am »
Still stuttering for me, have I missed something?

Either you haven't updated yet, or your stutter didn't had anything to do with GSX to begin with. Maybe it's not clear enough what this update is about:

- BEFORE this very latest update, we limited the number of requests we do to the sim to 30 fps, in order to prevent from causing problems TO the sim, in case your fps was higher.

- NOW, after the update, we made this optional (and by default disabled), so we DO NOT limit ourselves anymore so, the more the fps, the more commands we send to the sim. This won't automatically make the sim smoother because, if you already were in the situation we tried to prevent to begin with, which was ANOTHER addon spamming the sim with requests so there wasn't enough time left for us to talk with it, it won't change anything.

In fact, it might be even worse because, if too many addons would send too many commands at the same time, the sim would start stuttering OR the addons won't get enough updates, becoming jumpy themselves.

Basically, the option that we added, which is now by default disabled, was only meant to be more respectful of other addons, so at least nobody could accuse our software to be a Simconnect spammer but, if there's another spammer affecting the sim, there's simply nothing we can do to fix it.